• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Opportunity knocks***

Hello guys, I need some advice. I have a chance to pick up a complete M66 gun ring with cab re-enforcing plate. I know they are hard to come by and passing it up would probably be a sin, but the holidays are coming and I don't know if I can justify the purchase. I won't say exactly how much I will be paying for it but I will say that is FAR below value. I have a hard top M35A2 that it will be mounted on, the guy is also willing to throw in a soft top kit if I pay him what he's asking. I don't know how long this deal will last so I want to jump on it. Please respond with your thoughts!!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I agree with the above....take it from someone who has spent way too much on Green Iron.

If you have disposable income go for it. A complete kit is hard to find but you have to weigh that against responsibilities.

It seems that deals like this always pop up during Christmas.auaauaaua

I agree with the above....take it from someone who has spent way too much on Green Iron.

If you have disposable income go for it. A complete kit is hard to find but you have to weigh that against responsibilities.

It seems that deals like this always pop up during Christmas.auaauaaua
How hard to find? Does the M66 Show up alot or is it once in a blue moon? I've been told that most were removed then destroyed before the MV is sold to the public.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You could always do like my Dad did when I was young and was REALLY looking forward to getting a special present for Christmas...and he was broke.

On Christmas Eve Night he would take his shotgun outside and fire it in the air....then yell.. "OH MY GOODNESS"!!!!! "I've killed Santa Claus"!!!

We always hoped he would miss!!!auaauaaua

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, i'll go against the crowd. I had a complete kit, a spare ring, and 32 of the reinforcement plates. I had about 1K in it all. I was really ready to install it till I actually saw how massive the M66 ring is. My dropside cab is perfect and I just couldn't see risking cracking it. (yeah, I know it shouldn't crack with the plate-I don't believe it). So I got rid of it all. I would look for a M49 ring if you want one. They are ALOT lighter. Also, neither ring is super rare and I would say 1K max for either.

lonegunman

Well what is he asking? If you are not interested would you be willing to let a nice guy like me for instance:mrgreen: pay the asking price, shipping and some cash for your labor to get it shipped west?

jime

I bought one with two sets of legs (no, I don't know why it had two sets) for $1K about 6mos ago. I see them advertized for much more but kinda stumbled on this one. It seems they come up from time to time at this price, but finding one at this price later, when your looking to install one, could be a challenge. Get it if you can swing it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks