• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ordering paint this week... Sherwin Williams CARC or Rapco/Gillespie?

wsucougarx

Besides the price is close to the same. CARC in person vs Gillespie's shipped. SW in Seattle is about $70/Gallon in stock w/no restrictions on who buys it

CanonNinja

well guys, im still SOL on the local SW store, they wont sell without a business affiliation... and its the manager's doing himself, not SW

3dubs

I am going to need to get some paint from longpoint. When I called the guy acted like it was some top secret stuff that I should not even know about. So if someone is in the Houston area and bought it let me know. Maybe I will have to make a rod trip just to get stupid paint. But I want my M1009 to look right without painting the whole thing.

readyman

Nothing beats the waterborne CARC, sprays good, water clean-up, durable and everything proof.
My Sherwinn Williams Industrial supplier has shut me off too. Using my business account I was able to get all the CARC we needed for the Lil' Ruthie deuce the last few years. But our last request came back that it was a restricted item now and we needed a 'permission' slip from AMGeneral? Huh? And our supplier delivers pallet loads of the stuff to Oshkosh for their new trucks. Something new going on here. It figgers... now that its getting warm and I'm ready to paint the TOW HMMWV, there's no CARC for me.

YankeeDuece

I'm primed, ready to topcoat and still getting the run around!

I stopped by friday to the regional SW. The same guy that took my order is still weekly placing the same order, however, the order is not filled. No other feedback from HQ after the store order has been short shipped.

Signed.

Primed and Pissed