• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Original dana 60 locking hubs?

84cucv1ton

still looking for hubs? i just got rid of a load of axles. think it was 14 sets this time.. i can see what i have laying around. i have a 60 i might take apart. somehow the knuckle is cracked.

AJMBLAZER

you can get them from Autozone or summit racing..... just get a replacement set. No need to get the stock GM type.. there all the same!
Wrong. Factory D60 hubs are Spicer, not Warn.

I've taken a liking to that new low profile setup that's out there. Expensive, but far less chance of using your hubs as "curb/rock feelers".

Dabba

AJM, so ill be looking for spicer hubs then? and what do you mean low profile? Smaller hubs?

84cucv, yeah man if you got a set of the stock ones for the 60 just let me know how much and thatll be great. Dont wanna buy any of that new crome crap haha.

Thanks guys

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wrong. Factory D60 hubs are Spicer, not Warn.
Chevrolet introduced the 4WD 1 ton in 1977. Those that had lockouts had Spicer internal hubs up until 1980. In 1981 all factory lockout hubs on the 1 tons were Warns. So unless you have a 77-80, your truck came with Warns if it came with hubs. All of the CUCVs, be it the 1009 or everything else, all were equipped with the blacked out version of the standard Warn hubs.

AJMBLAZER

AJM, so ill be looking for spicer hubs then? and what do you mean low profile? Smaller hubs?
Yes. I forget who, I think it's Solid Axle, ORU, or one of them has a new, beefy, hub design that sticks out a lot less far.
Chevrolet introduced the 4WD 1 ton in 1977. Those that had lockouts had Spicer internal hubs up until 1980. In 1981 all factory lockout hubs on the 1 tons were Warns. So unless you have a 77-80, your truck came with Warns if it came with hubs. All of the CUCVs, be it the 1009 or everything else, all were equipped with the blacked out version of the standard Warn hubs.
Hrrrrmmm...I'll have to check again. Big Ugly is in Michigan right now but I swear I saw Spicer markings.

MrBouncer

This is kinda sorta related to his the thread. Has anyone ever broke the plastic turn knob on the lock out hubs? (the plastic piece that you actually put hands on and turn to lock or free) Can not find the technical name for it in the manuels. Can only that piece be purchased?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks