• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

original vs. restored, how are they valued?

Northwoodsguy

Hey Bikeman,
You have the right company, just the wrong era. I was stationed with 8th ordnance during the cold war (1962 to 1965). We were attached to the 11th ACR before it went to Viet Nam. I was an Ordnance turret, artillery and small arms guy. At that time, the 11th ACR was responsible for patrolling the Czech border in the southern region of Germany. I was RA and got out just as VN was starting up. Duty was good in Bavaria and my timing was impeccable. I put a website together a year or so ago to see if any of my old buddies were still out there. 50 years us a long time and many have passed on. I have accounted for about 30 guys so far. You can check it out here: www.8thordnance.com. Are you still in the service?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah, I'm tracking you were referring to the old unit. I have found some guys are surprised that their unit from 20-30-40 years ago still exists, just reorganized (and usually smaller). I served with 8th Ord Briefly in 2009. I am still on active duty, currently with the 108th Air Defense Artillery (Patriot) Brigade. I will be departing active service 31 MAR.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks