• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

original vs. restored, how are they valued?

Northwoodsguy

Hey Bikeman,
You have the right company, just the wrong era. I was stationed with 8th ordnance during the cold war (1962 to 1965). We were attached to the 11th ACR before it went to Viet Nam. I was an Ordnance turret, artillery and small arms guy. At that time, the 11th ACR was responsible for patrolling the Czech border in the southern region of Germany. I was RA and got out just as VN was starting up. Duty was good in Bavaria and my timing was impeccable. I put a website together a year or so ago to see if any of my old buddies were still out there. 50 years us a long time and many have passed on. I have accounted for about 30 guys so far. You can check it out here: www.8thordnance.com. Are you still in the service?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah, I'm tracking you were referring to the old unit. I have found some guys are surprised that their unit from 20-30-40 years ago still exists, just reorganized (and usually smaller). I served with 8th Ord Briefly in 2009. I am still on active duty, currently with the 108th Air Defense Artillery (Patriot) Brigade. I will be departing active service 31 MAR.