• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OUT AND ABOUT WITH MY HMMWV

Action

Nope! She went up on two wheels with two in the air, pictures seem to always not show how steep things are.
Ah, at an angle would explain that. Straight on, it would just drive right up. I lived in FL. I know what those angles are like from every yard being elevated. I would park with the 2 opposite tires in the air and rock it.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was another glorious day at the beach, got out the door before 5am so I could make the hour trip to Port Aransas and pig out at my favorite restaurant on WAY too many carbs (had a big crash around 9am, I had to stop and get an ice cream sandwich to save my life LOL)
there was NO space between vehicles when I left at mid afternoon, unlike what this photo shows at about 8AM
IMG_20210904_080510808_HDR.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It was another glorious day at the beach, got out the door before 5am so I could make the hour trip to Port Aransas and pig out at my favorite restaurant on WAY too many carbs (had a big crash around 9am, I had to stop and get an ice cream sandwich to save my life LOL)
there was NO space between vehicles when I left at mid afternoon, unlike what this photo shows at about 8AM
View attachment 844258
That is a dang neat picture!

dhaumann69166

T
Nice truck! How does the Red Dot do with a soft top? I'm trying wondering if it's worth hooking mine up since I'm going with going with a soft top. It was low 100's heat index here today. Also if you don't mind, how do you have it mounted on the roof? Pictures and description PLEASE! : )
The red dot works excellent with a soft top. I honestly think the heat and AC work better on my soft top than the hard top I had. The aluminum roof and doors sucked the heat and cold out pretty fast. I run it sometimes with all four windows down and you can still feel cool air circulating in the cab. We get temps in the 90’s to low 100’s most of the summer and I have no complaints. Full interior and exterior Linex helps a ton too!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wife and I took out our new to us M1123s for a ride in the hills.
Not a lot of folks have His and Hers matching HMMWV's.
(That was an attempt at blue and pink)

Pretty country out there. Seems that the leaves are already changing too...

Hammer

Not a lot of folks have His and Hers matching HMMWV's.
(That was an attempt at blue and pink)

Pretty country out there. Seems that the leaves are already changing too...
Well, in my typical fashion, when bidding on one, I end up winning TWO. (Back in the day I was bidding on a 5 ton and threw out low bids on some deuces. Ended up winning THREE of those!)
And in her typical fashion, she chose which one of those she wanted to drive.
She did the same thing for these HMMWVs as well.

springer1981

Went to a car show today with the HMMWV and it was a huge hit with the kids. Where all the other cars were "do not touch" I told the parents they could let their kids do whatever they wanted. Sitting in the driver seat, climbing in the back etc. Parents took lots of pictures of the kids "driving".

car show.jpg

car show2.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Beautiful scenery!! nothing around here like that, this place is flat as a pancake
Maine: Trees, Grass, all the fun - except in the winter - when it gets cold and the snow covers the ground for months.
North Carolina: Same without the snow most of the time. When it happens, it lasts for a day maybe two every few years.
Arizona: Rocks for grass, scrubby little bushes rather than trees and HOT.

Not sure about Texas, but as big as it is I know there is snow. Been there a few times and it definitely looks pretty flat!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Went to a car show today with the HMMWV and it was a huge hit with the kids. Where all the other cars were "do not touch" I told the parents they could let their kids do whatever they wanted. Sitting in the driver seat, climbing in the back etc. Parents took lots of pictures of the kids "driving".

View attachment 844814

View attachment 844812
springer1981 You "done good" ! Guess that makes you the Official MV Ambassador for that event.
The neat part is that a lot of those kids will remember that adventure - and hope you can make it to the next show!

Nice looking truck too!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maine: Trees, Grass, all the fun - except in the winter - when it gets cold and the snow covers the ground for months.
North Carolina: Same without the snow most of the time. When it happens, it lasts for a day maybe two every few years.
Arizona: Rocks for grass, scrubby little bushes rather than trees and HOT.

Not sure about Texas, but as big as it is I know there is snow. Been there a few times and it definitely looks pretty flat!
OK so there is some contour to some places in Texas, but where I am at one must go along way to see it, heck it is more than 300 miles in any direction other than south just to get out of the state, and believe me nobody wants to go south, still nothing as pretty as those pictures!

DHumvee

T

The red dot works excellent with a soft top. I honestly think the heat and AC work better on my soft top than the hard top I had. The aluminum roof and doors sucked the heat and cold out pretty fast. I run it sometimes with all four windows down and you can still feel cool air circulating in the cab. We get temps in the 90’s to low 100’s most of the summer and I have no complaints. Full interior and exterior Linex helps a ton too!
Thanks! My 1123 came with it but it's been cut loose from whatever frame held it up and disconnected from the condenser fan. I don't have a bracket or anything. Searching for pics of how it's supposed to be mounted. How did the Linex help?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! My 1123 came with it but it's been cut loose from whatever frame held it up and disconnected from the condenser fan. I don't have a bracket or anything. Searching for pics of how it's supposed to be mounted. How did the Linex help?
the Red Dot units are great, but take up a LOT of space.
if you look around the internet, you will find literally dozens of different ways people have installed them.
I personally decided I didn't like the huge external condenser, and installed a fender mount condenser instead.
As for the evaporator, I had an old piece of steel about the right size and just ran it vertically down from the B-pillar ro the floor and bolted it all together.
my thread about it:

DHumvee

the Red Dot units are great, but take up a LOT of space.
if you look around the internet, you will find literally dozens of different ways people have installed them.
I personally decided I didn't like the huge external condenser, and installed a fender mount condenser instead.
As for the evaporator, I had an old piece of steel about the right size and just ran it vertically down from the B-pillar ro the floor and bolted it all together.
my thread about it:
Thanks man!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to get my wife interested in the helmet top, but she does not seem so, maybe time for a new wife!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks