• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OUT AND ABOUT WITH MY HMMWV

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took my M1123 out for a little bit. Watched a high speed chase in the desert. Seen cops crash our cars and getting stuck. They were giving me stink eye when I was cruising around. I bet there were 20 cop cars and 2 trucks and a Ranger. Guy got away but he couldn’t have much vehicle left. You can see 4 or 5 of them in the background A2805C2E-ED75-45E7-8DF2-1FBF19D79AF0.jpeg

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went down to Port A this morning for breakfast and a little beach cruising, not many people there today, I figure everyone is waiting until next weekend.
I can only make the beach Saturday and Monday on Labor day weekend because the old family church has a big social event every year the day before Labor Day in Falls City.
I did see a couple dune buggies though, I do not think I have seen many if any "on the road" since the Texas VS dune buggies/sand rail fiasco of 2017.
Managed to talk to the driver of one of them, and she said they are and have been using the donor VW bug title/registration which is now clearly defined as illegal, I advised them to look into that.

The water and sky seemed a little angrier than usual.

Attachments

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Heh that’s awesome, would love to find some sand to float around on. Only suburban roads around here.

p.s. what’re you using to tie down those 3916s?
To long and to fat for the "3916" Standard tie down kits, rope and the clip.

antenna clip.jpg

Big bucks for a piece of rope and clip. The ball on the end of the whip is golden, CAMO

BruDogGA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like this thread idea. Here’s a few out and about pics from the past year and a half. My theme is haulin’ stuff. Kids, bikes, kayaks, surf rods and lots of construction supplies.
Clean rig. Very nice. You've inspired me to consider getting rid of my pick up truck if I can get mine insured and titled.

M1165A1

Your signature line says you’re a New Yorker but you look to be in colorful Colorado. I grew up in Grand Junction and there’s a ton of places I’d like to go back and explore with my rig full of family. It’s a beautiful state.

I fled New York, I just need to update my location.

HMMWV’s seem to be pretty rare in High Country CO. I know of only one other in Routt County. I also know of a guy in Grand County who has one inbound but is waiting for his EUC to clear.

Drove over Independence Pass the other day (not in the HMMWV) and was as surprised as can be to see another HMMWV in Aspen!

Picture of better vehicle for a scenic drive in the Rockies:

B0C40A09-76E5-4958-8C80-9DE55FAE248A.jpeg

Last edited:

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
Drove the Humvee to the Red Ball (Gilbert) show. Normal vehicle ride for me is 2.5 hours. With the MV I did a combination of highway and backroads. I was around 4 hours each way with the 6.2 / 3 speed. Drove the truck around 50mph and it ran excellent. I only took one close up picture of the new soft doors I purchased for my truck and a bunch from the show. Here are a few pics:
20220924_104417.jpg20220923_133506.jpg20220924_072915.jpg20220924_072919.jpg20220924_073138.jpg20220924_101339.jpg20220924_072858.jpg

There was a great turnout of MV's and it was a good swap meet. Half track rides and other vehicles running around. Glad I went.

Guy

Last edited:

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
Picked up (4) new tires for $250 each. Date codes of '18 & '19 and a NOS cargo cover for the truck for $100. I really wasn't looking for Humvee stuff at the show but based on what I've seen tires sell for, couldn't resist. The cover was pure impulse purchase for that price. 20220925_110258.jpg20220925_110307.jpg

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love this thread! I went for an afternoon cruise with my buddy and his two man Friday afternoon. He took some pics. Sometimes it’s the little things.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks