• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Out with the old - in with the new!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm I wonder how the Hacker would react if he/she was identified and the SteelSoldiers decided to RALLY around his/her location :shock::?: Just imagine the SHOCK AND AWE (aka PUCKER) FACTOR that a gathering of OD IRON outside his/her window might provoke.

mooselick7

One suggestion is a "Useful Mods" page.

A place where threads for useful modifications (such as on the CUCV: Starter Relay mod, manual glow plug, solargizer, steering box beefup, T400 trannie switch, etc.) are organized.

Ive delt with the starter relay problem and the death wobble problem but Id rather fix my CUCV BEFORE it breaks instead of after it breaks in the boonies. So, I have been digging around the site looking for these weaknesses and modifications.

onegmjack

Thanks Chris and Mike and all the Mods.for a great site.I will and hope other will send a donation.I will send one the first of Jan.Thank Again

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another thought on TMs. Is it possible to have the vehicle specific TMs in that forum? 361s and 209s right in the deuce forum????

Wolf.Dose

Hallo,
if I got it correct, I'm the first non US citysen to reply to this about the remaking of the steel soldier apperiance.
I did read me through the 86 posts. Many good ideas, however, some posts simply show the users and not knowing, how much work is behind some programming. For it is not only the programming, ist MUST work problem free, which is the point.
The post with the for sale section selction suggestion "next to me, lowest price, selcted vehicle category, vehicle type"; this is a data base programming requirering a professional for several weeks work (if not month), for the map must be in the background. And do not forget, steel soldier is WORLDWIDE, so the world must be behind it. So we are at the next problem point: Address with ZIP code, city, street etc. for the member list. If only inside the US, that might work. However, as mentioned above, steel soldier is world wide. And f.e. German addresses are written different than US addresses (as all european addresses, Britain and the Netherlands are much different than Germany). And do not forget Japan (I lived there for 6 years, so how to handle 3-36 Honamanuna 3-chome, Suginami-ku, Tokyo, 0031-0167, which is the mandantory spelling for the address were I lived in Japan. This has nothing to do with any US-address. Next we try to handle f.e. India or Turkyie, how about Egipt or Tawwan, Indonesia etc., just to mention some.
This is not to claim: you never will make it. My intention is simply to show how many problems are behind some simple appearing suggestions; and to calm down the expectaitions of some members.
O.K., I would apreciate to make the upload of pics a little easyer (one or two clics less). But I think the actual form is relatively easy to handle. I needed some time to get used to it. Now it is o.k. for me. (remenber, it is not only SS which changes, the daily use software changes withoput notice in your job; nobody care for your personal ungrade. So I think, we do not need more upgeade and new procedures as realy neccessary for the required computer safety.
Recently I saw in a Hotel in the US a computer with a non upgrade fire wall, for the fee was not payed. This is the main problem, unsafe computers. Fire wall protection is not free of charge! However, this is not a problem of SS, it is a problem of the members.
Now enough!
Hope this helps also the administrators a little with their work.
Wolf

ranchand

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but making the TM's organized by vehicle with a small explanation of what info each contains would be very helpful. Thanks so much for all your hard work! This forum is not only the best of its kind, it's the best one I've ever seen![thumbzup]

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't think my post level is HIGH, but I only say something when I know something about it. And as far as volunteering to help with this, unfortunately, I'm a TECH-NO, and just barely able to access the site. Took me two years to figure how to get that picture in the corner. You REALLY don't want my help......:-(

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Don't think my post level is HIGH, but I only say something when I know something about it. And as far as volunteering to help with this, unfortunately, I'm a TECH-NO, and just barely able to access the site. Took me two years to figure how to get that picture in the corner. You REALLY don't want my help......:-(

That about sums up my abilities as well:beer:
Folks on the site helped me do some really neat stuff including posting pics.:)

Specfically, Scooter, Westtech, Maccus, Mangus and a few others.

Now I can even post pics!!!

Attachments

Screamin' Metal

I guess we're gonna have to bust out a TN on the big 'Weenie' that did this. Well.....I guess I need to quite listening to Alex Jones.... on the internet radio. Ha!
Dawm igmo crashed my computer about a week ago with all the spam, now I'm running so much anti-piracy and anti IP Trash software now....the ants couldn't find me if I was eating a burger next to the mound!
Anyway....glad everyone's OK. [thumbzup] Worse than getting a mortar dropped into camp....

Screamin' Metal

I guess we're gonna have to bust out a TN on the big 'Weenie' that did this. Well.....I guess I need to quite listening to Alex Jones.... on the internet radio. Ha!
Dawm igmo crashed my computer about a week ago with all the spam, now I'm running so much anti-piracy and anti IP Trash software now....the ants couldn't find me if I was eating a burger next to the mound!
Anyway....glad everyone's OK. [thumbzup] Worse than getting a mortar dropped into camp....

coachgeo

easiest way I have prevented farming and spamming a bulletin board is at the admin level of that board set it to allow NO MEMBERS to register. I am assuming the archive is on seperate board from the new one. You do this by setting **** in the list of blocked usable user names. Now no bots can reg. on the site. NO spammers can reg. on the site. NO ONE can register. BUTTT..

If someone wants to get information from the old site they have to email you with their username from SS. What they want their password to be... and then you temporarily remove the **** restriction then you do their registration for them using their data and email address. Once the registration goes thru... then go back into the Admin and reset the ****** so again no one can register.

It is a bit of a PITA but spamming becomes IMPOSSIBLE.

Last edited:

3dAngus

Mike,
Regret asking the question yet??? LOL

I put Technical Manual reorganization at the top of the list.
Classified reorg, with required prices, location (city and state), etc. next

stumps

Mike,
Regret asking the question yet??? LOL

I put Technical Manual reorganization at the top of the list.
Classified reorg, with required prices, location (city and state), etc. next
Me too!

Stuff the manuals in a directory on some site with good bandwidth, and tell me where they are, and I will have their links up on a SS wiki page in a couple of afternoons. Being a wiki, the manuals can be sorted and organized in any way you want. If the way I do it doesn't please you, you can change it, or make a new page done your way.

Unlike some of the other problems, hosting the manuals really isn't the big deal the administrators are making it out to be.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks