• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Outbid by $10,000

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ready,

No, they REPLACED the radiator before sending it to DRMO.............. the AF doesnt mess arround with maintaince, as Im seeing.. Which is a VERY good thing.

Towerguy1

I have to admit I spent alot of money on my deuce, But it had alot of the options I wanted already installed, and Ive spent more time driveing and less time wrenching.... But it is an old truck and enjoy working on it to, just not every day I want to use it!!!!

reblawyer

Cheese and Crackers!!! If I got half that for mine I'd still be getting double what I paid! I think the Gov't may almost get some of their money back on that sale.

NEIOWA

emmado22 said:
Ready,

No, they REPLACED the radiator before sending it to DRMO.............. the AF doesnt mess arround with maintaince, as Im seeing.. Which is a VERY good thing.
You got that right. With the large expense of fixing large aerial targets the cost of fixing lowly ground equipment is trivial (pencil dust as my bonehead US Senator puts it). And as soon as the AF gets their hands on $ they surplus off perfectly usable ground equipment as HX or H7 condition. Good for reutilization, not so good for the taxpayer.

BillIdaho

With all due respect, it appears to be a real clean, straight truck. But it t does take 2 people to have a bidding process. I would be curious who the other bidder was to run the auction all the way up to where it ended up. If the bidding went $10,000 over what was thougt to be customary, then someone else was wanting that truck darn near as much.
Anybody know who the other bidder was?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks