• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Outbid by $10,000

cten

Man, you bought it... I was watching the bidding and it more than double in the last hour... I could not believe it...

But I agree, if it is something that you really want and you did your home work and knew what your were getting... it was well worth it...

Good luck with her.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Emando22:
We do not judge you we commend you in the effort you put out to get one of the best trucks for sale in the GL auction. I also want to take this time to commend your outstanding support of the Soldiers and Marines out on the battle field. Your company provides us with an edge over the enemy and I know you will continue to support Soldiers having served as one. We hope the EUC goes quickly and that you have the truck to take your son for a ride soon. Thanks for sharing with us all the great details that accompany this truck as it shows what a great treasure you bought. We don't care if you post even the GL pics for the time being and wish you the best in owning this great truck.

houdel

Kudos to you, emmando22. That is a lot of money to pay up front but it sounds like you did your homework on this one. I spent $2750 on mine, with parts I've bought I'm probably up to $4500 out of pocket plus about $10,000 in sweat equity! I still have to get back to you on the master cylinder, its been too da*n cold and snowy out here the past couple of weeks for me to crawl under the truck (I don't have a garage big enough to get it into -yet) to make sure whether it is the M/C or brake light switch that is leaking.

M1075

EMM-

It looks like a great truck, no doubt. And, as I mentioned earlier, at least one other person had to see the same value for the price to go that high. Business expense? Even better. Enjoy my man!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks all.. I wish i had time for the sweat equity, but I dont, so I had to trade $$ for it. Family time is VERY important.. I do love to wrench, but dont have time for "big projects" I'll keep you all posted when I go pick it up...

Send the $20 to SS...... So it can keep the benefits to all us alive....

colyork

awesome truck,I first thought that who ever bought that truck for that price was crazy. But seeing the condition and the paper trail with it It was well worth it. :driver:

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I am a little shocked at the selling price of this deuce (especially with the buyers premium factored in), I totally agree with the philosophy. Working on the vehicles is not my main focus in this hobby. While I do enjoy wrenching, I also want to enjoy driving the trucks. That's why I bought them after all - to be driven!

For example: I have a 1957 Chevy 210 station wagon that I've owned for probably 13 years. It's never had an engine/transmission in it and I've always had other projects to work on. A few years ago, I started collecting parts and was figuring on working on it to have something to transport the family to car shows. My wife didn't really want me working on the car all of the time and not spending time with her and the kids (I didn't either and I knew the kids would be much bigger when it was finally done), so I decided to look for a "done" car. I ended up with this VERY nice, NO rust, single repaint (the door jambs still have the original paint!), well-optioned Bel Air wagon for less than what I would have spent in parts, let alone time on my 210 (and the 210 isn't in that bad of shape!). I put the Torq-Thrust II's on it, and it looks just like I wanted - for a whole lot less time and money.

I have 2 small children and now we cruise to car shows with them in the back and have a great time driving the car. Would I liked to have built my other wagon? Absolutely! But, it doesn't always make the most sense for everyone. Congratulations on the purchase and I hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

No.2Diesel

Tan? I didn't know upstate NY was turning into a desert :shock: ? I too think that its condition and service history was worth the price.

Its always a challenge when deciding what is more important: Time or Money. Each situation is unique. Thats my Captain Obvious remark of the day.

wdbtchr

I don't worry about those that say I paid too much for all my vehicles. All but one were turnkey and the one that wasn't was very original, only painted red and only needed minor repairs. I bought them to drive not work on and I love them all. Enjoy!

readyman

emmado22,

Checked the GL pic's and the truck looks real nice. Better take a look at that radiator bracket repair... Final inspection/ Repair bracket to radiator 2/2/06
Transfer to DRMO 2/15/06
must've been a humdinger of a repair to xfer it to DRMO right away! :D

Look at it this way, only six more years till you reach antique vehicle status and you can start saving some real $ on license plate fees. :roll:

:idea:
8) Several strategic trips to(and from) the DMV by me then by my son resulted in the 'right' cashier to title and plate our (newer)M35 as an suv. M35's are too heavy for antique status(or a future upgrade to antique in 6) here in IL. M35's are too heavy for emission test exemptions as well, but we did apply for one for our M35 'suv'. [thumbzup]
Parade and display vehicles are exempted.(no trucks tho) :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks