• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overkill Customs M920 Build

eldgenb

Not tryin to be negative or anything.but the deuce bed looked better.. That bed looks way to short-small for the truck..Maybe it would look better if you moved the crane back towards the bed and put a sleeper in the gap between the cab and crane...But this is just my oppinion..
As it sits it looks small because of the gap, once I put a 16.00 20 spare with tool box and ladder it will look more complete. Looks are a secondary initiative, functionality is more important and with the deuce bed I could not put anything tall in the back without strapping it down for fear of loosing it, dirt etc. will be easier to haul without having to spread it all out in the bed to get a full 5 yd plus I don't need 12' worth of bed. The steel is thicker on the tipper and the unit is way overbuilt and a complete assembly so it fits my needs better. It will be a little bit before I get my 16's but when I do all heII will break loose on finishing this build.

eldgenb

Update 5-8-11

well I have been asked by the local VA administration to participate in the local veterans parade known as the "torchlight parade, or the lilac parade" depending on who you ask so I am in the process of getting the 920 parade ready. I have got the super singles mounted (thanks andy for the wheels) with 395's on it for now, reworked the tire carrier for the super single and used some high security jerry can holders mounted on the 817 tool box to hold some 5 gallon water cans. I will be painting it soon and will post more pics when done. I AM LOOKING FOR TWO MORE TOOL BOXES FROM THE RACK OFF OF 818'S AND 817'S TO COMPLETE THIS BUILD BEFORE PAINT IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS, IF ANYONE NEAR BY CAN HELP ME OUT I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. Enjoy the updated pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

eldgenb

man your truck is beautiful! what paint scheme you going for?

well I am not talented enough to do a good woodland so desert tan she will be, I already have the paint ready to go just need to wrap up some of the loose ends on the build before I spend the time on prep.

XanRa

Those pictures are perfect- I wish I could have a truck like that just sitting in my driveway... My neighbors would love it:roll: ok no, but my one directly across from me would!

eldgenb

Awsome, think you beat my little Duece dumper.... That thing is an animal.
yeah I made the paper over here two weeks ago, I was doing some charity work with comcast cable helping to rebuild a portion of the boys and girls club and the 920 drew a ton of attention as I was pulling tree's straight out of the ground with the crane, who would have guessed that the truck would be so darn handy. :grin:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You get a chance to repack the front bearings yet. My 920 is sitting at Oddballs house with the left front wheel ready to fall off. I will post pics of carnage when I go back down to repair.

eldgenb

I think that is the only truck out there that can make 395s look small. Are you going to be coming to the PNW rally?
what are the dates on that again? I am going to be in the lilac or "armed forces parade" depending on who you talk to on sat so I am working like a mad man to get the 920 parade ready. Yeah the 395's were not what I wanted, 16's are coming soon enough though. Tomorrow I am taking apart some deuce side rails and making a set for the tipper using 5/4ths Trex decking solid with no troop seat as a special request from the VA. Apparently the bench I put in the back will get no use since everyone likes to stand and I can't afford the law suit if anyone falls out of the back and kills themselves. Will post pics after the painting etc is done.
I will paint on thursday if anyone wants to come help :beer:.

eldgenb

well here is the finished product, two things that will change in the near future will be the 16's and my 3 tool box tire carrier setup I am still building, I will tow the deuce in the parade tomorrow just to showcase other toys. I have included a before picture to show where I started at.
Enjoy!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks