• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

overloaded deuce?

lacoda56

We had an M211 at our local fire dept. that we'd installed a used fuel delivery truck tank on. Scaled out around 28,000 full of water! No wonder it had a hard time on hills. :shock:

jwaller

ya, I dont normaly haul but 28-30k lbs and this time the guy driving the loader put a little more than he normally does on there and I didnt realize that I had put so much on till I got to the scales. I thought it would be ok till I saw the springs were bottomed out. I wont be hauling this much again as its clearly too much weight. Now I know the limit of the springs is about 30-33k lbs. truck still drove good, slow on the hills and long on braking but if you know what your driving then it's no biggie.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A great reason to get a 5-ton as well...it wouldn't break a sweat with 20 ton in the bed (I've done it).

dg