• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2015 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scratch the firewood, coming in a civvy vehicle and don't have the room for it. Looks like I need a passenger seat again. :(

Arriving late Friday afternoon and leaving Saturday evening.

XchaosX

Got everything together last minute. I've loaded up a bunch of firewood but it's now down pouring on it. I plan on meeting up with Mikey tomorrow afternoon and then heading down together.

cucvrus

003.jpg002.jpg001.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpgToday was a great day for the Raucsh Creek off road rally. It was a bit cool out but Terminus has a heater. And every once in a while the blower motor would let out a death scream. I think it was scared. The park was full of vehicles and a few of us rode by ourselves 3 vehicles to a group. Nothing beats having a 5 ton as a back up. He had us covered. None of us needed pulled out and we wheeled some real hard trails.

cucvrus

008.jpg009.jpg007.jpg010.jpg011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg014.jpg015.jpgTerminus has received an A today and will be a keeper at this point. My Son and I now have a vehicle that we can wheel and depend on. It has proven itself above and beyond what i expected. Many places I drove in 2WD and a few I drove in 4 LO. everything worked fine. Very little road rash. I had a tailpipe twist in the muffler. That will be an easy fix. I also will need to change all the spring and sway bar bushings. Many people on the trail were impressed to see an old K 5 Blazer on some Black trails. I did some rock climbing and it did well. Some different tires would be a big help also. I see some Goodyear MTR's in the future. Maybe some one ton axles. But I like the stock M1009 it is more impressive it the stock form.

cucvrus

017.jpg016.jpg018.jpg019.jpg020.jpg021.jpg022.jpgWe found a boat in the middle of the woods floating on a mud hole. We got on board and rode it around the hole for a while. Also I spotted Big Foot taking a dump in the woods. He is real and he has a red beard. The Discovery channel is on the way up to the PA woods in search of the Yeti. .

cucvrus

023.jpg024.jpg025.jpg026.jpg027.jpg028.jpgSome more pictures of Terminus M1009 getting put through the test today at Raucsh Creek off road park. I remember every time I worked on Terminus M1009 in my garage I had to sweep the floor because the rust particles that fell off of it. Today I am sure it knocked loose the loose rust particles and then some. I took notice that a few of the cab mounts are all nice and clean looking now. i may try and heat them up and replace them with some energy suspension mounts. the rubbers have seen the best of days at this point. It was groaning and cracking like a battle ship today.

cucvrus

042.jpg041.jpg039.jpg040.jpg038.jpg043.jpg044.jpgOver all we had a great day. We did have a bit of snow today for a few minutes. I am glad I had a heater. I ran it most of the day. All in all it was a great day and Terminus M1009 is now part of my fleet of toys. I liked the flex ramp at the end of the park run. It was nice to see just how flexible that old iron still is. It ran better and better the more that I drove it. I think I will be pulling the fuel tank and changing the fuel pump. That is the only real big maintenance items that I see. The fuel sock in the tank is defiantly clogged up and needs replaced. We did discover today if you tow with the hubs unlocked the transfer case in neutral the front drive shaft still turns. On most of my long hauls I just dis-connect the drive shaft. Raucsh Creek is like 25 miles from my house so I start the engine and let it run with the hubs unlocked ,transfer case in 2WD and the transmission in nuetral. Just like I would be coasting on the highway. Thanks for looking. We had a great day and am glad to be back home and have Terminus M1009 parked and not have to work on it till I feel like it.

AZK9

I really enjoy the pics and vids!

One of these days... if I'm in the east at the right time, I'd love to attend the rally!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks