• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2014 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The convversations have moved from G to PG to R to X rated. It moves where the attendees move it, but we are very good about toning down our language if kids are present. We are as family-friendly as we can get, so please, feel free to bring your family! We'll play nice.

Timberwolf22

I have to agree totally with Shenkmen...... I had my 3 boys [14 & 11,11] with me last year and they had a blast on the trails and camping over.

They thought eating MRE's and sleeping outdoors outside of their tent was a great idea..... I never said they were sane just that they are my kids.

Not sure what that says about their parents either but Bring the Kids...... they still talk about getting "Bounced Around in the Deuce" and eating lunch on top of my S280 shelter in the bed.

Not too sure about them........

Last edited:

datadawg

I have to agree totally with Shenkmen...... I had my 3 boys [14 & 11,11] with me last year and they had a blast on the trails and camping over.

They thought eating MRE's and sleeping outdoors outside of their tent was a great idea..... I never said they were sane just that they are my kids.

Not sure what that says about their parents either but Bring the Kids...... they still talk about getting "Bounced Around in the Deuce" and eating lunch on top of my S280 shelter in the bed.

Not too sure about them........
Sounds interesting... I have absolutely no camping gear, other than a 2 person kids tent for sleeping on sod in back yard. So I'm a bit nervous taking this plunge! Will decide in next few days, once I know the kids' sports schedules...

PaFarmer

I plan on bringing my 7 year old son. He was at the last event and had a good time. Last time in the 931A1. This time in my Mog. I have had him at RC in Jeeps a bunch.

shenkmen

Sounds interesting... I have absolutely no camping gear, other than a 2 person kids tent for sleeping on sod in back yard. So I'm a bit nervous taking this plunge! Will decide in next few days, once I know the kids' sports schedules...
Several of us sleep in our trucks under the cargo cover. Other folks have tarped the back of a truck for shelter. Trailers work too. Just some ideas for you.

Last edited:

shenkmen

I am in. Be up thurseday late. Not sure if camping or comfort inn. There will be a couple of civilian rigs with me. I missed last two. Now I need a driver due to shoulder surgery. Let me know what we need. Generators. Fire wood. Grill. I bring tools and spares in trailer.
Fire wood would be helpful and appreciated. Tools never hurt and a generator might come in handy.

Hainebd

Ok I bring generator. Firewood. Camping gear. Tools and spares. Portable welder. My wife and a kid or two. Camera and Video equipment. I need a bigger truck.

aheilmann68

was planning on throwing my miller trailblazer in the truck with some tools and the like. Might come out with 2 trucks and 3 people from friday to sunday. Likely leaving around 1630-1700 from the I287-I80 interchange. If anyone wants to meet up we can likely roll out a little later.

Hainebd

Anyone think I can leave my M35A2 and M105 at RC overnight? Wife is going so Comfort inn is our resting spot. Will still hang out, help, cook whatever. I bring fire wood and my camping gear if anyone needs to borrow. Just need eyes on rig overnight. Any thoughts?

Hainebd

We will be there Thursday late in M35A2 and M105. We are 3 with 4 more in a rover and maybe explorer. We I have reserved camping spot and reserved a room. Anyone from South Jersey or Delaware going up Thurseday?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks