• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2014 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

I'm ok with the 26th.... as long as it's not August 2nd cause there is a mud bog at the buck and Carlisle truck nationals are that weekend too. I'm hoping to make one of those events with the deuce.....

datadawg

I had a great time as well, despite the fuel filter hiccup on Saturday morning and the 7 hour ride home. My rear driveshaft broke on the way home about 10 miles from Rausch Creek (190 miles from my destination). I removed the rear driveshaft and drove home in 4 wheel drive. We will see if any fluid remains in the transfer case after the driveshaft removal and the now opened up tailshaft housing for those 190 miles. I did make it home, so hopefully enough is still in there to keep the transfer case from destroying itself. Thanks to Irishvin for staying with me and actually towing my trailer for over 100 miles (I was trying to keep as little strain as possible on my compromised drivetrain), despite his own alternator trouble. It was an interesting ride home in the pouring rain to say the least. Even the smallest convoy (2 vehicles) can be a big advantage. It was really great to see everyone. Thanks to all who helped diagnose my fuel filter trouble. See you in the fall.
My sentiments exactly, first timer and all. My 11 year old was huffing and puffing about how we conquered the world in the rain. But what's truly impacted me is that our MV are scandalously unreliable. My power steering went out b/c of a leaking hydraulic cylinder, and seems like everyone had mechanical gremlins of some kind. So how the frack can our military actually fight wars in these things??? I mean we can hardly make it there and back, which is absurd in and of itself, but with war time use, you might be getting shot, bombed, blown up, etc. and there is no toilet paper to boot!

max1008

My sentiments exactly, first timer and all. My 11 year old was huffing and puffing about how we conquered the world in the rain. But what's truly impacted me is that our MV are scandalously unreliable. My power steering went out b/c of a leaking hydraulic cylinder, and seems like everyone had mechanical gremlins of some kind. So how the frack can our military actually fight wars in these things??? I mean we can hardly make it there and back, which is absurd in and of itself, but with war time use, you might be getting shot, bombed, blown up, etc. and there is no toilet paper to boot!
the military has a convoy the size of ours with trucks full of extra parts, including power steering cylinders, fuel filters, and drive shafts. that is until "we" bought it all on gl.

PaFarmer

Datadog, nothing personal, but there is maintenance required on the trucks. The military had folks assigned to that duty. These trucks are very heavy duty versus cars and pickups that most people have experience working on. Your issue is a maintenance issue, a leaking seal and frankly one you should be prepared to address owning and using the truck. There is no reason to say the truck is unreliable, you should either figure out how to maintain it or pay someone to do it.

My trucks have been very reliable and I keep up with the maintenance as best I can. I would not be driving around with a hydraulic cylinder leaking like yours was. It was a steady drip and a real safety issue. When you saw it leaking, you could have fixed it or had it towed, but saying you hardly made it there and back is your fault, not the trucks fault.

BostonPatriot28

lucky sob you better be knocking on wood sum where asap haha
Haha well I figured I would update you Irishvin within the last two weeks I have made the upgrades

-Oil change/AC delco oil filter
-New air filter
-doghead relay conversion
-rebuilt my 24v starter and installed it
-repaired my passenger headlamp (when i pulled it out, the wiring all fell apart) used weatherproof butt connectors and attached them
-got stuck in mud left a huge crater too dark to take a pic but it was fun
Everything above I have done within the last two weeks

-just YESTERDAY my tailgate lock and clutch assembly broke so I will be needing to fix that my window is stuck down at the moment (suppost to Rain todayaua )
Pictures can be seen before it got dark http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...UCV-today-lately-Part-2&p=1544138#post1544138 #721

Last edited:

irishvin

Haha well I figured I would update you Irishvin within the last two weeks I have made the upgrades

-Oil change/AC delco oil filter
-New air filter
-doghead relay conversion
-rebuilt my 24v starter and installed it
-repaired my passenger headlamp (when i pulled it out, the wiring all fell apart) used weatherproof butt connectors and attached them
-got stuck in mud left a huge crater too dark to take a pic but it was fun
Everything above I have done within the last two weeks

-just YESTERDAY my tailgate lock and clutch assembly broke so I will be needing to fix that my window is stuck down at the moment (suppost to Rain todayaua )
Pictures can be seen before it got dark http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...UCV-today-lately-Part-2&p=1544138#post1544138 #721
good always smart idea to keep up on your trucks. and have extra parts !!! i know have one alt in each truck and one good starter sitting at home and the tools in both trucks to do simple repairs

ronnycordova

Wish I would of seen this thread back in March I definitely would have come. If there is a summer meet I'd be interested- I've wanted to go to RC for ages but can never find a second person with a working vehicle.

Timberwolf22

Best way to get something going outside the two RC rally's we usually have is throw out some dates and see what works for everyone. But that means someone needs to pick up the ball and run with organizing the event - and as many of us can tell you that is a time consuming job.

215Dave

I was hoping for a summer rally but this is dead nuts in the middle of spring and fall events. Can we throw one together quick enough for summer, or is it best to just start the fall thread early and solidify that sooner?

drecon

I am up for a summer rally, Finally got my first M35 and can't wait to catch up with some of you guys on here. Lets post some dates and see who's in

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks