• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2015 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

Another Ahab

Preliminary planning - I am planning on getting there early this time, probably 9-10am Friday morning. If I am the first one there I'll cordon off a parking area for our group with cones and rope, or something similar, to give us our normal camping area. Not sure if anyone else is planning on getting there that early, but if you wanna get there early and wheel, I'd be happy to lead a group out. I might actually have an MV this year! Have a little bit of money, currently seeking a suitable M1009 CUCV to start rebuilding my stable....hopefully in time for the rally.
Good luck buddy. I hope you find a good one.
Yeah, good luck with that maddawg, hope you find just what you're looking for.[thumbzup]

Corvette1974

SS'ers - I have a question. I have a friend who wants to go but no more space in either my friends or my truck. Would anyone be willing to have a copilot for the day? Let me know either way. He's a cool guy. One of our fellow SS'ers with a 5 ton actually gave him a ride a few years back and met us mid day during lunch on the trails.
Thanks!

Will

michigandon

SS'ers - I have a question. I have a friend who wants to go but no more space in either my friends or my truck. Would anyone be willing to have a copilot for the day? Let me know either way. He's a cool guy. One of our fellow SS'ers with a 5 ton actually gave him a ride a few years back and met us mid day during lunch on the trails.
Thanks!

Will
I'm bringing up a Jeep and it's just going to be myself, so I'll have three empty seats available.

Don

I won't be making this one. My work has added on mandatory Saturdays through June and I'm out of vacation due to a immediate family members death in January. It's probably for the best anyway. I don't want to ruin anyone's weekend with someone else's behavior. Hope you guys have a good time.

Another Ahab

I won't be making this one. My work has added on mandatory Saturdays through June and I'm out of vacation due to a immediate family members death in January. It's probably for the best anyway. I don't want to ruin anyone's weekend with someone else's behavior. Hope you guys have a good time.
I hope the Saturday work is at time-and-a-half (take it all to the bank).

And I am sorry about the death in your family, Lt. Dan.

Yeah it is... 99% of the time I'm on overtime by Thursday morning anyway.

Thank you.... my wife's 16 yr old cousin died of a rare skin disease new years eve. She went down to Florida for a week for the funeral and stuff. We are now going down in may for a week they are having a dedication at his high school for his memorial. It was a rough holiday for my family and his parents are taking extremely hard as I would imagine any parent would. I appreciate the condolences.

Another Ahab

Yeah it is... 99% of the time I'm on overtime by Thursday morning anyway.

Thank you.... my wife's 16 yr old cousin died of a rare skin disease new years eve. She went down to Florida for a week for the funeral and stuff. We are now going down in may for a week they are having a dedication at his high school for his memorial. It was a rough holiday for my family and his parents are taking extremely hard as I would imagine any parent would. I appreciate the condolences.
That is very sad. I am sorry.

My prayers for the friends and family, and especially the young cousin's parents. Amen.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, okay. I was just going to "borrow" them from PENNDOT on the trip up. I figured there's always a thousand work areas along I-81, who's going to miss half a dozen cones? :)

Corvette1974

Just an update - 7 people in my group (Thanks again, Don!), will be camping all the nights and will be there Friday sometime. I'll be at Kutztown University after work on Thursday so the trip from there to RC only takes like an hour.

Will

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For future reference any blatant attacks in an open forum will gain you a 30 day vacation.

Just like the last person.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For future reference any blatant attacks in an open forum will gain you a 30 day vacation.

Just like the last person.
I went ahead and cleaned things up. Likewise, if someone attacks you, don't respond, just report the post instead of continuing on the fight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks