• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2015 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

Jason O

Hi Guys-
Got the truck ready today, and I'm going to make this one.
I'm local (1/2 hr away), and if anyone needs something from the store on my way up, let me know.
Looking foward to meeting you all.

cucvrus

We just left Rausch Creek Park. We will be returning tomorrow. We all rode in a few 5 tons. I have a nice warm bed that is only 1/2 an hour from that place. No sleeping out in the cold for me. We will be doing some business in the morning and returning at NOON.

Last edited:

cucvrus

063.jpg062.jpg061.jpg058.jpg057.jpg056.jpg055.jpg054.jpgSome more fun pictures and a few parting shots of the vehicles. I was out of the picture by this time with fuel issue. It happens. Good day. We met a few nice guys and had some fun. Not an inexpensive hobby by any means.

Attachments

PaFarmer

Good time off-roading. O trail had one good downhill to start things off. Timbering has opened things up. Lake Christy either silted in some or the water was a bit lower. We had several guys stuck in the past with 53"s. Getting in and out has gotten a bit tougher.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428841972.194630.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428841985.705062.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428841996.104933.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428842013.455149.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428842025.206102.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428842037.010675.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428842049.088429.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428842061.940720.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428842073.525687.jpg

Jason O

We had a great time! It was our 1st trip to RC, and we're looking foward to the next rally. The trucks are more capable than I thought. Both of my 5-tonners had their exhaust stacks ripped loose by the same tree, who else lost one?
Safe travels on the trip home guys.

Jason

datadawg

Looks like great fun. Sad I missed it, but my 5 ton wasn't building air pressure on Friday after sitting all winter and I'm too incompetent to fix myself. Unfortunately, had to miss the fun. It looks like the weather was much better than Spring 2014!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once again, had a great time - almost didn't make it, broke down on the way up with a coolant loss issue, trip back was uneventful. 345 mile round trip.

The trucks had a few minor issues on the trails, one CUCV with a fuel filter issue, 215dave's truck lost all brake air pressure on a gnarly hill climb and a tree almost broke the roll backwards, some of us had issues getting out of the pit at Lake Christy, and a few 5-tons got stuck in soft ground and mud along the way, and one CUCV got stuck in the mud pit, but the good news is no major issues and noone got hurt. One truck got a safety warning from the park staff about people riding in the back of trucks standing up, but it was just a warning.

I was surprised at the number of early comers this time around - I counted 13 military trucks parked in the parking lot on Friday night, not including trailers some were camping in. A few more showed up on Saturday morning. One thing I think we should do next time is break up into smaller groups. A large convoy through the park is great, but this time around saw the group falling apart by late afternoon for various reasons. I think next time we should do groups of 3-4 trucks each, and take different routes according to the desires and capabilities of the offroaders.

Rode with 215Dave on the trip around the park - I think he was surprised at the capability of his truck and his driving ability this trip, he went a couple difficult routes and made it look easy, including climbing the rock scramble out of the Lake Christy pit. Thanks for the ride, Dave! And thanks for putting up with my cigars.

Looking forward to the one in October!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks