• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Park Brake Pop

SuperchargedRS

I recently noticed that when I try to engage the parking brake the pedal does not go all the way down all the time (this just started occurring), I also noticed a slight noise in the rear end, almost like there is something rubbing inside the drum.

Under normal operation the brakes seem to work just fine otherwise, I can not see anything externally wrong with the brakes or lines...

Any ideas???

Thanks
-SuperchargedRS

SuperchargedRS

I am not too sure what happened, the park brake and driving brakes are still ok, and I think the noise is a unrelated right rear shock cover (one of those crappy OEM shocks) rattling around, soon to be replaced.

TheBuggyman

Re: RE: Park Brake Pop

Recovry4x4 said:
Get those drums off quick. Sounds like a hold down or something let go.
DITTO!

Cannot hurt to look, even if it is the shock making the noise you stated an inconsistent response when applying the parking brake.

Sumptin' ain't right!

BKinzey

Maybe he is smart enough to use his parking brake and wants it to work. :roll:

That's beside the point though since it's use is telling him symptoms of potential problems.

mangus580

BKinzey said:
Maybe he is smart enough to use his parking brake and wants it to work. :roll:
I use mine faithfully for just that reason... worked when I got it 2 years ago, so I forced myself to get in the habit. Now I even set the one in the wifes car alot too....

CCATLETT1984

I am losing the parking brake with the rear disc conversion. I will end up getting a line-lock for the rear line to keep them applied when I need the parking brake. I will prolly get a manual one with a lever and just engage it when needed. I'm not sure if i trust the electric ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks