• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking Lights

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, thanks for the clearification of "je", should be more careful about reading. :oops:

Here are the images for the light bar. The pipe is 2-1/2 inch dia steel, made in 3 pieces. The aluminum angle on top holds the lights as you can see.
Should work for any cab top and not be in the way of the cargo cover or the cab canvas/hard top.
(The cab top on my deuce is only a cover for the bikini top, used when the truck is parked, that the reason for the "loose fit").

Attachments

mangus580

Oh! I forgot that it was at the back of the cab ;-)

With my convoy light setup, making the mount would be nothing!

You realize you are pretty close to being able to make a 'cab protector' with wht you have there.... :)

SixBuy

The Dilemma - Do I want to keep it original or do I want to improve it.
Studying the wiring diagram last nite,
I came to the conclusion it had been designed by a committee!
Were it an aircraft there would be a switch and a fuse/circuit breaker
for each circuit, all fed from a common bus so that a failure of one
component wouldn't down everything. Everything would be on/near the
dash.
They say the change to automatic trans. was for the 'New Army' that
couldn't drive Std. I say if they can figure out the light switch they could drive
anything!

67Beast

When I bought my deuce, it had the side marker lights and lollypop turn signals on it from the military. The lollypop signals were just hooked up to the front turn signal wire with a multi-plug that let you plug both leads into the one supply wire. The side markers thought had a complete extra wire running to them from the wiring harness. The side markers would come on with the headlights and with the parking lights. Becuase I was restoring my truck back to 67' look I removed the side markers.

I then hooked that wire from the side markers up to the 491 wire on the front lights. Now I have marker lights on the front with the headlights on and still when the switch is on the parking light position.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front parking lights

I know we've hashed this out before, but i didn't find the thread. So here it goes. I need to make the front parking lights come on while the headlights are on for a state safety inspection. For years i just drove it with no inspection. I tried to get the inspector to under stand that it came this way orginally. I even showed pics in a gun truck book i have of the trucks when they were new. But no luck. Since i just installed a new wiring harness i don't want to cut it. I also put in a new headlight switch so i don't want to crack it open eather. My plan is to take a military 2 into 1 rubber connector at the taillight connection and run a wire up to the front turn signal light with another 2 into 1. That way i can bring power to the front parking light with out wacking anything. Do you think this will work? And if so will i have to do it for each side, or will power flow over to the other light? Thanks,

rmgill

RE: Front parking lights

Ken that will work, but, when you turn on the parking lights mode, the rear lights will be powered as well through the secondary circuit too. It should just be parallel paths though.

mangus580

It shouldnt matter at all Ryan. Only difference in the two modes, is they decided not to flow power to the front when driving. The way Ken wants to do it really isnt any different than doing the jumper in the switch.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

This circuit will let you use Y adapters and correct connectors and a little soldering to accomplish it. I don't know the wire numbers, but should be simple to figure out with the M35 diagram and looking at the lamps.

Attachments

ida34

I had thought the biggest problem was the bulb being only a one filament bulb. I have not checked this out myself. Can someone confirm if the stock deuce front parking and turn signal light is a dual or single filament. I figured this was why the parking lights did not come on because if they were on and it was a single filament then it would do nothing when you turned on the turn signal. Again, someone that has more experience with this can set me straight if I am wrong.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Front light

the middle bulb is still a single wire socket, just a bright heavy duty bulb, its your turn signel, the upper one is your marker light( comes on in the park postion, i just checked) , the bottem one is part of the blackout lights

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. I'm going to give the 2 into 1 connectors a shot. I'd hate to cut into wiring i just bought. Espically since there is a good chance the truck will do more swimming. I'll let ya know how it worksd out.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it is the upper bulb to be made to be the running/parking light. That clarified, mine never come on. Please tell me about the 'park' position?

mangus580

The park position of the 3-way lever turns off the headlights, and keeps the rear parking lights on, and also turns on the front parking lights. The theory is to wire the rear parknig to the front parking, so they will both be on with the headlights. This can be done at (or in) the switch, or by running a wire front to rear like Ken was talking.

Ken, if you were to use packard connectors, You should be able to cut the new harness, and keep it sealed quite well. You could use the right combo of Y splitters to assemble what you want.

Me personally, I hope to do it inside the switch when I finally get around to it. The switch is sealed, so your connection doesnt have to be as perfect.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
on the three way, with the headlights on, move the LEFT lever all the way down for park

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It worked. I put a 2 into 1 connector on #21 on the rear taillight. Then one on #491 on the front. And ran a black wire between the two. Now the front parking lights work with the head lights on. After i get it inspected i can put it back with no problems.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Ron, I see they come on, and the headlights are off. silly. I might take my own diode advice. Easier than running a long wire for me since I can solder more easily than I can get under the truck these days.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea mike, I probally unhook it after it's saftey insp. Only because it didn't come that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks