• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts is parts

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The parts deuce has been rendered down to it's basic components and I want to move them as soon as possible.
The engine, tranny and radiator are still in the frame and the axles are still attached. It could be towed if anyone wanted the frame and all.

The engine runs good and has a whistler turbo on it. FreightTrain and Hndrson have heard it run and can vouch for the condition. Some leakage but doesnt smoke, knock or make odd noise.
Make me an offer for the whole setup. I can push it up on a trailer or you can tow it off.

Some people have asked about what other parts are still available. If you asked about a specific item and I have forgotten please remind me.
Here is a list of what is not spoken for as best as I remember.

Engine, as described above.

Tranny. Since the truck had no brakes I didn't drive it on the road but it shifted good when I drove it around the pasture.

Radiator. No leaks. Still holding coolant and attached to the frame.

Both front fenders. They are in good condition and have no rust.

Front Grill. Great shape.

OVM box and mount.

Battery box. The much sought after plastic one.

Battery box holder and door. Minimal rust. Door is very good.

Exhaust system. From turbo to stack. Great condition.

Tail lights. Pioneer tool rack. Old style mirrors.

Hood. No rust or dents.

Front bumper. Slight dent but in good condition.

Passenger side door with glass.

Rear metal mudflaps and brackets. Three are good, one has a bend in it that could be hammered out. None of the brackets are bent.

Fuel tank with in tank pump.

Steering wheel, column and box.

Bed with troop seats. No rust to speak of. Minimal dings and dents.

Hard top. Dent in roof in the usual place. Surface rust and small cancer spot between top and back panel.

I have pics of most parts. PM me on specific items and I'll send you of a pic.

I can only do shipping on small items. You will have to arrange pickup if you want the larger parts.
If anyone is going to the Fla rally they could swing by here and pick up parts to deliver or maybe buy some to resell and offset your cost to the rally.

devilman96

RE: Re: RE: Parts is parts

Going to the rally? You change your mind on coming?

Load that stuff up, post it on the parts thread and yet your butt down here!

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Parts is parts

How much for the battery box? I need one. I also need the mirror brackets and body mounts. Oh also a triple swtich and engine cuttoff cable, but they are cheap to buy new.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I can't make the Fla. rally since I don't have any vacation time and I am scheduled to work that week.
I do plan on being at the MVPA event at Mobile, Al in March. I should have the 5 ton and a big trailer by then. Anything that has not be sold by then will be with me.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Here are some pics of the carcass of the parts truck.

The axles are sold.

The engine and radiator are still for sale to someone close since I can't ship it.

When I cut the axles off I intend to cut off the front part of the frame containing the engine and set it down on two generator trailer axles I have. This will allow me to move the engine easily and load it on a trailer for someone.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats the dollar figure on that? Is that the former gasser? Does you have the old data plate? Questions questions questions. I will be driving pretty close by on my way home from TN.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Still may be interested unless he wants dealer retail.
Dealer retail on what :?:

All the whole trucks are sold. The former gasser went to a collector in Auburn, AL.

I am accepting bids on the engine/radiator as a unit.

If it doesn't sell whole by the middle of Feb I will start parting it out.

Turbo is spoken for.

Starter, fuel pump, air compressor etc. are still up for grabs.

Someone asked about the radiator but they were pretty far away. Shipping would be a bear on that rad. I'll go back through my PM's and try to make sure I am not selling something someone else has given me a definate offer on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks