• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts wanted?????????/

Status
Not open for further replies.

big block 88

So you guys are telling me I need to pay you 15 bucks just to post that I am in need of a part for my M35A2 heater?????????

WTF guys this site is supposed to be about helping keep the MV hobby alive and well and there are people I am sure in the smae situation as me all over the place.

I can in some small way understand you guys turning a profit under the for sale section **** ebay does too so whats the difference, but why can't we post parts needed with out paying money??

This place is no different than the rest of the country right now. Ever since I came back from Iraq I am dumbfounded by the greed in som many people out there, people seem to think they need to make money in everything they do. You know I fight with my power company with my insurance company with utilies company with my bank everyone wants to make just a little more money and I am sick of it, and now I am in need of a part for my truck before winter and I can't even post about unless I pay 15 bucks.

I work hard and I work ALOT of hours and make good money so 15 bucks is no big deal but my paypal account has been shut off due to stolen information issues. And I will never use it again, so I guess I am screwed huh??

It's a **** shame thats for sure the information here is amazing and the help that one can recive is very impressive.

If we are all worried about money and making profit from other peoples sales then, I say anyone who has posted usefull and needed answers, advise or ideas be given 2 bucks per post given... I can see this 15 dollar BS for the classifieds can and most likely will turn into a full on membership fee, just give it time I have seen it on several of AUTOFORUMS sites that company is ingenious they profit from other people ideas and knowledge maybe you all should consider that **** you may even be able to quit your day jobs.

So I guess someone tell me what to do. I guess I can keep checking Criags list for a very specailized part and ebay but odds of finding my needed part before winter sets in is slim to none. Nothing is free anymore we are all mostly used to it that current administration has been in office nearly an entire term.

Last edited by a moderator:

area52

Or you could just bypass the rules and post a classified ad in the regular section, like you just did. :roll:

Is $15 really gonna hurt you that much? And like Cucvnut said, you don't need paypal to pay.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
To be honest guys, to a lot of people $15. is a lot. I am getting $465. per mo from S.S.
Had a heart attack last week and had my 3rd stent put in. Only even saying this because 2 years ago I would leave $15. for a tip for lunch. I saved for months and sold a lot of stuff to be able to get a truck. Bought a M923A1 to haul salvage with, but have to get it running. Just recently went to list a couple parts I need and found out I can't. Just saying there are a lot of hurting people that just can't afford it, so just don't be to hard on the guy. Also I would mention I need a parts for a 250 cummins (86 Mod) part for a 81 gal tank, power steering fluid part, but that would be going around the rules like the last guy said. :-D so I will just leave it with that. But if any one is parting out a truck let me know. But thanks for what I can do on here, after this last heart attack I spend a lot of time on here just reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heath_h49008

And the guy paying the bandwidth tab on this site we all love and use isn't any richer than any of us these days.

People are doing less for "Free"... (Nothing is ever free. TANSTAAFL)... because they CAN'T.

I'm in Michigan, we started going down in 2000... never recovered.. and what was left crashed on 2008. I see it every day. People aren't "Greedy"... they are doing what they can with what we have left.

If it makes you feel better, he's only asking for 50 cents in 1964 US$. You know, back when we were a free country with a functional economy?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call White Owl. Blower fan will arrive by weeks end and you won't have to pay for the maintenance and upkeep of this site. Sounds like lots of win to me. Sadly, White Owl won't be selling the item at cost and UPS won't deliver it at cost. Now, not to be too much of a jerk, I'll fix your biatch post so that you are not in violation of site rules and I will do this for free.

dozer1

This might sound arrogant or a-hole like to some, but if you can't pay 15 bucks a year to do business on this site, you probably can't afford the parts you need. There is soooo many other ways to get the parts anyway (like white owl for instance) or look on e-bay. Just be thankfull that the site is still free otherwise. jeeeeez

I will add that you could save anywhere from $15 to $50 per MONTH just by getting your internet disconnected. There, that is a-hole like.

Last edited:

salt6

Call White Owl. Blower fan will arrive by weeks end and you won't have to pay for the maintenance and upkeep of this site. Sounds like lots of win to me. Sadly, White Owl won't be selling the item at cost and UPS won't deliver it at cost. Now, not to be too much of a jerk, I'll fix your biatch post so that you are not in violation of site rules and I will do this for free.

Nice way for a MOD to post.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would respectfully tell you that if you can't pay 15.00 to help MAINTAIN this site, them just maybe you are in the wrong hobby. While MV's are very cheap to acquire, the upkeep and feeding of deuce's and 5 tons is EXPENSIVE.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can in some small way understand you guys turning a profit under the for sale section
Only one guy gets paid. The owner.

You sound like you would have never donated $15 to this site. Have you ever donated?

You can still post a thread about your MV, and the issues your working on. In those threads you can mention/discuss your needs. You do not need to pay $15 to get help here. You need to pay $15 to use the new classifieds forums, that were designed to buy and sell without a story to go with the thread(you can tell a story in the classifieds too).

Simply put, do not post a thread outside of the classifieds that is titled WTB FS Wanted, NEEDED, bla bla bla.

And the next time you want to rant, do a search first, your about the 100th person to complain.(without understanding what the change is about).

Last edited:

shenkmen

So you guys are telling me I need to pay you 15 bucks just to post that I am in need of a part for my M35A2 heater?????????
Only if want to post a classified. Did you read any of the other posts on this subject? Perhaps you could recommend something different in a polite way.

WTF guys this site is supposed to be about helping keep the MV hobby alive and well and
It is.

there are people I am sure in the smae situation as me all over the place.
You make good money and say that $15 isn't a big deal. I guess the situation you are speaking of is a broken blower motor. Oh the humanity!

I can in some small way understand you guys turning a profit under the for sale section
Ok, but not sure that is the goal. My understanding is the money will be used to enhance the site.

**** ebay does too so whats the difference, but why can't we post parts needed with out paying money??
Perhaps you should register www.bigblock88soildiers.com and create your own site dedicated to broken blower motors. I just checked and that domain is available.

This place is no different than the rest of the country right now.
I'm not surprised as it includes people from all over the country. There's even a few from outside the country.

Ever since I came back from Iraq I am dumbfounded by the greed in som many people out there, people seem to think they need to make money in everything they do.
What did you do in Iraq?

You know I fight with my power company with my insurance company with utilies company with my bank everyone wants to make just a little more money and I am sick of it, and now I am in need of a part for my truck before winter and I can't even post about unless I pay 15 bucks.
Nope, didn't know that. I try not to fight that much.

I work hard and I work ALOT of hours and make good money so 15 bucks is no big deal
Then stop complaining and get moving on www.bigblock88soldiers.com

but my paypal account has been shut off due to stolen information issues. And I will never use it again, so I guess I am screwed huh??
Nope, mail a check.

It's a **** shame thats for sure the information here is amazing and the help that one can recive is very impressive.
Hey, glad you like the place. You stopped complaining!

If we are all worried about money and making profit from other peoples sales then, I say anyone who has posted usefull and needed answers, advise or ideas be given 2 bucks per post given...
That would cost a lot of money to develop and test. Do you have $30 to put toward such a cause?

I can see this 15 dollar BS for the classifieds can and most likely will turn into a full on membership fee, just give it time I have seen it on several of AUTOFORUMS sites that company is ingenious they profit from other people ideas and knowledge maybe you all should consider that **** you may even be able to quit your day jobs.
Yep, and you will be forced to pay whatever amount is demanded. It's a ransom for help and info.

So I guess someone tell me what to do.
I did, build your own website.

I guess I can keep checking Criags list for a very specailized part and ebay but odds of finding my needed part before winter sets in is slim to none.
I have a pack of matches which I am glad to donate to the situation.

Nothing is free anymore we are all mostly used to it that current administration has been in office nearly an entire term.
Yep, they even rigged google's search results. I searched on "m35a2 blower motor" (minus the quotes) and the first result linked to an aftermarket blower motor post on www.steelsoldierrs.com

That took about 4 seconds.

https://www.google.com/search?q=m35a2+blower+motor

Have a nice day!

mistaken1

I for one am grateful that this site was created just for my benefit and that all the members are here to fix my truck when its broken or find me a part when I need it.

Give back?

What!!

Give back to this site or its members?

Are you kidding! I do not have the time or money to give back to this site or these people!

(but I do have the time and money to take away from this site what I need).

Besides everyone knows there are no operational costs associated with running a website. :cookoo:

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter

WTF guys this site is supposed to be about helping keep the MV hobby alive and well and there are people I am sure in the smae situation as me all over the place.

I can in some small way understand you guys turning a profit under the for sale section **** ebay does too so whats the difference, but why can't we post parts needed with out paying money??

This place is no different than the rest of the country right now. Ever since I came back from Iraq I am dumbfounded by the greed in som many people out there, people seem to think they need to make money in everything they do. You know I fight with my power company with my insurance company with utilies company with my bank everyone wants to make just a little more money and I am sick of it, and now I am in need of a part for my truck before winter and I can't even post about unless I pay 15 bucks.

I work hard and I work ALOT of hours and make good money so 15 bucks is no big deal but my paypal account has been shut off due to stolen information issues. And I will never use it again, so I guess I am screwed huh??

If we are all worried about money and making profit from other peoples sales then, I say anyone who has posted usefull and needed answers, advise or ideas be given 2 bucks per post given... I can see this 15 dollar BS for the classifieds can and most likely will turn into a full on membership fee, just give it time I have seen it on several of AUTOFORUMS sites that company is ingenious they profit from other people ideas and knowledge maybe you all should consider that **** you may even be able to quit your day jobs.

So I guess someone tell me what to do. I guess I can keep checking Criags list for a very specailized part and ebay but odds of finding my needed part before winter sets in is slim to none. Nothing is free anymore we are all mostly used to it that current administration has been in office nearly an entire term.
Boo -HOO cry me a river, take it some where eles. Delete this thread Please.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Lucky it is only $15, and ONLY if you want the classifieds, SHOULD be $25 for EVERYBODY and still a POST COUNT and vendor fee for F/S, MR SS will NEVER get back the money HE SPENT out of his OWN POCKET to build and maintain this site, WITHOUT his MAJOR SACRAFICE of time and money, there would not be a STEEL SOLDIERS to start with.

Things are tough everywhere, but we all PISS away $15 a year, $1.25 a month

Last edited:

Vintage iron

This is another sad case of so called Steel Soldier turning on their brother. Yes, Big Block 88 could have posted his grievance differently but, read between the lines! I believe that Big Block 88 was just venting to what he thought were his Brothers. We are all feeling the pinch and everywhere we turn, we are being charged for something that was free. I TOO, believe that the WTB section should be FREE! This is a section were fellow members can "ask for help" just like in our forums!

Before you turn on me. Let me say, I know what it takes to run a site. I have had two in the past. I also understand that those adds flashing in the top corner of your screen are not there for free!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeh times are tough. I just had to sell my M1010 because I needed the money. I've got a '57 Ford F100, that I've had for 19 years, on eBay right now because I need the money. I dropped my membership to MVPA because I didn't have the money for it this year. Times are tough. Still, I paid the $15 to be a premium member because this site is worth more than $15 to me. I'll pay the fee next year too. You make sacrifices where you have to in order to make ends meet and drop those things that aren't as important as they used to be. Right now this site is important enough to me to support. If it isn't to you then move along to what is and we'll support our own.

The crunch is on i too will be dropping the MVPA things are just to tight . This site is topps and you can learn alot and have made a load of friends "THANKS TO ALL OF YOU" at this time 15 bucks is hard for me to come up with even though i got stuff id like to post for sale too.

ODdave

I dunno, I kind of feel I should bite my tounge on this one but I am very confused.......I see members on here with difficulty coming up with $15 but they seem to have all the big $ toys?

I consider myself young and even fairly new to this hobby (3 years) but for the wealth of information and great group of people on here (I may argue and piss of a few folks on here but I would help you all the same if needed) and it is well worth the $.
Some say they cant afford the $15 to sell something? I really dont understand that. If it sells you have $ to pay it. If it dosnt your probably asking to much.
If you cant afford $15 for a wanted add, do you really think you should be looking for parts?
If its to much hasstle but you make plenty of $ to pay it, have somone else do it and pay them for there time.

I just dont get how $15 is that big of a hit? Are things worse than i thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks