• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts wanted?????????/

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPCWarning

Paying $15

Yep, money is tight for most every American right now. Believe me I understand that, raising a family. I haven't paid yet but It's one of the Christmas gifts I'm giving myself this year soon as I receive my next paycheck. [thumbzup] This site is worth every penny just for the information and the people who offer their ideas and solutions, even if there were no classified section, I'd pay.
How bout this.......what if the only access to TM's was someone online who only sells hard copies.........when they're in stock? (just my $15 and 2cents)

eagle4g63

I gotta say yes it sucks that I spent many of nights on here trying to post "useful" things so I could get up to the 100 post count so I too could join in on the classified section and now that I reached it I have to pay a fee...........HOWEVER, like everyone said............this ISN"T my site and I DON"T pay the bill!!!!! $15 dollars could be spent on many things for me right now but I do have the money to buy things for my truck so why not a $15 "part" so I can keep using a site that I don't have to pay the bills on!!!

Besides with your post count you can't possibly say that you haven't gotten anything from here that could be worth the $15.

I look at it this way......I could go to ebay or another site to find what I want and pay full price or I can be a contributing member here pay the $15 and find the part I need cheaper........and wait for it.......possibly HELP another member with his financial needs!!!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big Block 88 , your to Cheap to want to pay to maintain your mv's , mabye you should find a less expensive hobby . By the way I hear most kniting circles will give you FREE yarn and you can sit around all day with a bunch of old hens ,who love to whine about everything . Your post sounds like you would fit right in. You could even knit yourself a crying towel.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone of a dozen+ dealers will have the part, why not just call them if you don't want to pay the $15? Or skim through old threads of people parting out trucks and PM them? I guess that's just too hard..... (but it is free)

ODdave

Anyone of a dozen+ dealers will have the part, why not just call them if you don't want to pay the $15? Or skim through old threads of people parting out trucks and PM them? I guess that's just too hard..... (but it is free)
Come on, He obviously dosnt have time for that. :mrgreen:

Jersey4x4

I can understand the OPs point a little. I have not paid the fees yet mainly because the way I read it was the fees would be "automatic" from my PayPal account. I am not a big fan of that at all. Also I have had so much spam from the classifieds in the past I dont see the point in paying for the crap I would receive in my inbox. If the fine print was reduced a bit and the paid benifits were better I might consider it but until then, I will just lurk in the forums and breeze the classifieds. Also just a point but... If Someone now has paid a membership fee to the site that now makes them a shareholder in said site correct? So in theory said shareholder can now take info from said site and place it for sale on other venues, yes? I have seen it on other sites and because of the paid membership there was no legal recourse by site owners. Just a thought from a site i was on that I was a paid member of a club that the site was free and it was a big nightmare for the club with what people were doing so the club is no more.

mudguppy

i love the disdain, condescension, and judgement.

i've said it before and i'll say it again - the only large forum that shows more of this from it's members and mods is Pirate'.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can understand the OPs point a little. I have not paid the fees yet mainly because the way I read it was the fees would be "automatic" from my PayPal account. I am not a big fan of that at all. Also I have had so much spam from the classifieds in the past I dont see the point in paying for the crap I would receive in my inbox. If the fine print was reduced a bit and the paid benifits were better I might consider it but until then, I will just lurk in the forums and breeze the classifieds. Also just a point but... If Someone now has paid a membership fee to the site that now makes them a shareholder in said site correct? So in theory said shareholder can now take info from said site and place it for sale on other venues, yes? I have seen it on other sites and because of the paid membership there was no legal recourse by site owners. Just a thought from a site i was on that I was a paid member of a club that the site was free and it was a big nightmare for the club with what people were doing so the club is no more.
Interesting point. Shareholder= publicly traded. I would think until we show up on the NYSE, we are not a publicly traded corp. To test your theory, if a person spends money at your business, do they become a shareholder? Perhaps your point will warrant more of that evil fine print.

To the masses!

Steel Soldiers has not cornered the market on classified ads yet. As such, anyone can choose to utilize the service for $15 a year or not. Unlike the corner diner, the site isn't in a situation where the customer is required to be right at any expense. Considering that, I would venture to guess that complaining about an optional service will not yield a change in current policy. If members think it's worth the investment, they can pay and play. If one doesn't think it's worth the invesment, nothing changes and they can maintain the all of the other benefits of this site. Further complaining will only result in bruised egos and hurt feelings. Caveat Empor!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'm on a fixed income and I have to be careful with my pennies but I ponied up 15 bucks because I will be pimping myself out to do recoveries and maybe some hauling for folks.

I look at it as a business expense that will be recouped.

I spent over three bucks on a candy bar and bag of chips on the way over here (I am at the school library procrastinating on a term paper).....figure what you piss away every day and you can easily pay for a premium membership by skipping a few cups of convienience store coffee and other treats that prob aren't good for you anyway.

If you want to play ya got to pay.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One rule I have never worried about too much, but have taken a new interest in enforcing whenever I see it broken is, NO ADVERTISING IN YOUR SIG LINE(I've noticed an increase). I used to only address the ones that were bold or "loud". Now, none will be ignored. ( and yes, there are still ways to work around the rules).

You may notice your sigline disappear with no notice, when I notice this.

I musta missed the IPO of SS.

One more thought I keep having as people complain is, I know personally, many of the people that have complained(they cant afford to pay) or say the refuse to pay for what ever reason, I know you have thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars worth of trucks and surplus parts(that you enjoy buying and selling as a"hobby"), and yet you say $15 is going to stop you. That just shows how cheap you are.

And lastly, this whole issue is not up for debate. So wipe the tears and move on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks