• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts

fulleraviation

Where is the best place to order parts for a Duce and know you are going to get good service and decent price?

I received my boobed (correction Bobbed) Duce this weekend, and the seller was less than honest which is my mistake. Now I need parts and dont want to select another crook.

Thanks,
Rutledge

Last edited:

mahdey

type in M35A2 parts in google and you will get a bunch of vendors. What i usually do is right down the price of the part for that site and compare them with others. Sometimes a vendor is cheaper with some parts, and in other they are more.

fulleraviation

Thanks guy's.. Here is what the guy claimed in the ad:

You are bidding on a ONE OF A KIND built truck. This truck started as a clean M35a2 military truck and was converted into the monster you see here. The truck just went through a motorpool spec restoration and has all new paint inside and out. The bed cover is new as well. I drove it around and the truck starts right up and runs/drives/stops great. It is powered by the turbocharged Continental LDT-465 multifuel Diesel engine. It has a 5 speed manual transmission with the air locking transfer case. The Rockwell axles have a 6.72 gear ratio so you can climb over anything you want. There is no stopping this truck, it really is awesome. The truck is showing 22k miles and 800 hours so it has just been broken in for you. This truck has been checked out and is in great running order with no issues or leaks of any kind. The tires are Michelin 14.00 R 20's which is 49" tall x 15" wide mounted on military double beadlocks. They are huge! I have other wheels and tires, winches, etc that are available so contact me if you are interested.
If you want the biggest baddest truck on the block this is the one for you! The truck actually gets a decent 12-14mpg on the highway and you can even run 50-75% used motor oil if you want. We can assist in locating a shipper for this truck and it should be somewhere between $500-1200 depending where you are located. If you have a car, truck, Jeep, motorcycle, boat, ATV, motorhome or ? you are thinking about trading let us know and maybe we can work something out. If you want a truck custom build let us know! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Before I got it off the truck you could see the usual leaks from an old truck everywhere: Oil pan, fuel control, transfer case, transmission, rt brake drum, rt headlamp inop, rt wiper inop, missing some lugnuts, parking brake inop (out of adjustment), various air leaks, old fogged up mirrors, and rust everywhere.

Going to call the guy now and be nice and see what he will do to correct any issues. I do not want to say who the seller is, because he might be willing to work something out.

I do know that I went out and purchased the MOST expensive bobbed truck I could find not to have any trouble with it right off the bat. If I wanted something to work on as soon as I got it home I would have made my first purchase from GL.

Rutledge
"In a Rut"

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, finally someone who thinks like me. I needed a Deuce that was road ready right now, recently serviced, new tires, brakes inspected, bearings, seals, batteries, belts, hoses, all elctrical, lights, signals, horn, no leaks anywhere, new seats, EVERYTHING 100 %, with bumper to bumper warranty down to the windshield wiper blades. No transportation cost and clean AZ civilian title. Thats what I got from Jack's Gov't Surplus in Tucson. The truck is on its third trip to New Mexico and I haven't had to do nuthin' to it. Out the door $8500. Yea, I know, you can get three or four for that price from auction, but to me my time & trouble is worth more than that. And I can count on Jack for parts and service.
Alex

Crazyguyla

Thanks guy's.. Here is what the guy claimed in the ad:

You are bidding on a ONE OF A KIND built truck. This truck started as a clean M35a2 military truck and was converted into the monster you see here. The truck just went through a motorpool spec restoration and has all new paint inside and out.

Rutledge
"In a Rut"
motorpool spec restoration, that's a good line. Never heard of a motorpool restoration. I know there's get that damn truck fixed and mission capible. Maybe replace the broken parts and throw a new coat of paint on over the dirt so it looks clean. LOL Sorry your having a bad time with your truck, hope everything turns out right :D

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, finally someone who thinks like me. I needed a Deuce that was road ready right now, recently serviced, new tires, brakes inspected, bearings, seals, batteries, belts, hoses, all elctrical, lights, signals, horn, no leaks anywhere, new seats, EVERYTHING 100 %, with bumper to bumper warranty down to the windshield wiper blades. No transportation cost and clean AZ civilian title. Thats what I got from Jack's Gov't Surplus in Tucson. The truck is on its third trip to New Mexico and I haven't had to do nuthin' to it. Out the door $8500. Yea, I know, you can get three or four for that price from auction, but to me my time & trouble is worth more than that. And I can count on Jack for parts and service.
Alex
If the truck is that good that's not a bad price. By the time you buy a truck from GL, do all the work to it you said, and add a warranty I could see having close to that much in a truck.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, I understand m16ty, but I had to cringe when reading the "You paid WHAT...." thread. Do I tell these guys what I paid? Nah...they'll tear me up. But then I started adding it up. What does a recovery cost, to start with? A day or so off work, cost of extra parts, fuel, etc. I didn't have to do that. The whole SF97 or whatever that is I didn't have to do it. I didn't have to fix anything, which is a good thing 'cause I have neither the experience nor the infrastucture to do it. I dunno, for me it was just better to pay a premium to buy one all done. Done mechanically, that is, we didn't do anything with paint or cosmetics.
Alex

wsucougarx

A great looking truck from the pics. Heck I would have purchased this truck from the pics alone...well not for that price anyways. Too bad he wasn't up front with you. Did you ask him if there was anything wrong with the truck?

You know this guy flat out misrepresented your truck with this statment "This truck has been checked out and is in great running order with no issues or leaks of any kind" He should at least make it right with you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/197-...355110296QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMilitary_Vehicles

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks