• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Patracy's "SEMTT"

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What about adding another wheel opening on each side. When I stretched my old deuce I thought about using a m105 bed as well. I photo shopped this pic to see how it would look.
I personally don't care for it. (Not saying it's bad) But given the bed height. The wheel wells are pretty much pointless for this setup.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here's some very crude quick and dirty paint mock ups. Of course it'd be in OD instead of tan. But it's the basic idea.

semt105bedsidefilledskirts.jpg
semt105beddoorsideskirts.jpg
semt105bedbackskirt.jpg

nk14zp

No problem, I'd love to have more feedback on it. I think it'd look a little better if the wheel wells were filled in and "skirts" were around the base to blend it in a little more. I have everything I need to make this "module" save for some chain and some ratchet straps. Well that and a couple of hinges and latches for the "toolboxes". I think mainly some sweat equity might make it a little better. But I think a 5th wheel wrecker would look better swinging on the tail when bobtailed.
Gotta love a 5th wheel wrecker.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Honestly I haven't had much time to tinker due to work and family. (Oldest son is recovering from pneumonia) I have driven around a good bit though. It really needs that turbo....

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Honestly I haven't had much time to tinker due to work and family. (Oldest son is recovering from pneumonia) I have driven around a good bit though. It really needs that turbo....
So...I assume that means the SEMMT will be a star player at the 2014 Georgia Rally?? HUH?? Will it?? HUH???:jumpin:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What about a civy flatbed....that's what I did with my bobber when the idiot that bobbed it didn't do the wheelbase correctly.
Have a M750 and M871 trailer, want to keep the 5th wheel when needed. The bed project just never looked right. A nice 5th wheel wrecker would though....

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So....have ya bobbed any since??:naner::naner::naner:
Speaking of bobbers. I still have the one I bought for no good reason. I've got a set of tires and PLS wheels for it. Even have new o-rings. Friend made up the rest of the plates I needed to adapt it as well. All sitting in the shop, along with the 2.5T front axle I got started on rebuilding. Life just keeps getting in my way right now. :/

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think I would buy me a 25' civy goose neck trailer with ramps and winch to couple to that rascal and paint it OD!

That way you can drive/winch something up on it or self load stuff with the boom thingy.:papabear:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think I would buy me a 25' civy goose neck trailer with ramps and winch to couple to that rascal and paint it OD!

That way you can drive/winch something up on it or self load stuff with the boom thingy.:papabear:

I've got a desert tan M871. I kinda thought about adding a dovetail to it. But it'd be very high with anything on it vehicle wise. That said, Corey has offered up his lowboy to me if I ever need it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks