• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pic thread? Looking for m1009's with minimal lift.

jakwi

Hey The 1008 Thread was a great thread, how about it for m1009's I've been debating 33's with no lift either 10.5 or 12.5 wide, vs larger tires with a lift, but I don't want to ruin my mileage. Mileage estimates with pictures would be great!

nopics

Rustmaster

Also if i may add, what brand the lift is. I've noticed there seems to be a different tape measure used by each company. I.E. a 4" is sometimes a 2 1/2".

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, M1009 with BF Goodrich Mud Terrain 33-12.50x15s, no lift.

The tires just barely rubbed where indicated in pic 2, so I whacked that edge off with a Dremel.
I think a less aggressive tread wouldn't have hit at all, only the outermost lugs on these tires dragged, and then only on the very edge and at the right turn/flex combination (i.e. they didn't rub sitting still and turning the wheels).

Cheers

Attachments

jakwi

Rory Great pictures, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!
Are your tires on stock rims? It looks great by the way

Okay, M1009 with BF Goodrich Mud Terrain 33-12.50x15s, no lift.

The tires just barely rubbed where indicated in pic 2, so I whacked that edge off with a Dremel.
I think a less aggressive tread wouldn't have hit at all, only the outermost lugs on these tires dragged, and then only on the very edge and at the right turn/flex combination (i.e. they didn't rub sitting still and turning the wheels).

Cheers

jakwi

You know I sort of expected a difference in power, but I'm surprised to hear it's a large one. So are these 33 x 12.5's on stock rims? or did you buy wider ones specifically.

From the pictures I'm definately convinced that I want 33's. The nice thing about it is from the looks I can get the tires and later get the lift, which makes it more feasable economically speaking.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are your tires on stock rims? It looks great by the way
Yes, stock rims.

On mine- no loss of power, no appreciable difference in feel, no difference in braking, don't know if it effected top speed because I don't drive it that fast!
Mileage appears unaffected at around 20-21mpg (taking speedometer error into account).

Speedometer is off a bit- at 20 indicated, actual speed is 21, at 30/32, 40/42.5, 50/53, 60/64, 70/74.5. That's as far as I chose to go...:D

Thanks, I like how it looks, still close to stock.
It does have a date with the paint tent in the near future so it can shed its nickname of "Pigpen". It will be getting the updated 3-colour camo.

I put the antennae on both sides since the pictures were taken too, same place as LTWVARNG, but I have a high-blast whip on the driver side.

LT, your truck looks very nice! [thumbzup]

Cheers

Last edited:
Yes, stock rims.

On mine- no loss of power, no appreciable difference in feel, no difference in braking, don't know if it effected top speed because I don't drive it that fast!
Mileage appears unaffected at around 20-21mpg (taking speedometer error into account).

Speedometer is off a bit- at 20 indicated, actual speed is 21, at 30/32, 40/42.5, 50/53, 60/64, 70/74.5. That's as far as I chose to go...:D

Thanks, I like how it looks, still close to stock.
It does have a date with the paint tent in the near future so it can shed its nickname of "Pigpen". It will be getting the updated 3-colour camo.

I put the antennae on both sides since the pictures were taken too, same place as LTWVARNG, but I have a high-blast whip on the driver side.

LT, your truck looks very nice! [thumbzup]

Cheers
I really have no change in power. My truck is actually running better now than when i first bought it though. My speeds are off the same as m813's and mine are on stock rims. Hope this helps. I think mine looks as the M1009 should have been issued.

firecontrol86

good looking trucks! this really cements my decision to get 33's as well. i like the 2" lift too, if you don't mind me asking LT where did you get the kit and how much was it? most of the kits i've seen start at a 4" lift. they also look pretty easy to do

firecontrol86

I got it off egay from rough country. They had a buy it now or best offer. I believe they took 290.00 or 300 even. It didnt come with the bolt to mount the new shocks for some reason. That was only around 20 bucks from car quest.
that sounds about what i've been seeing, thanks for the response. now just to talk the wife into it, which shouldn't be too hard

I like the 2 inch wish they had a 3 inch but they dont. It's blocks in the rear and springs up front. The new shocks and spring made a huge difference in the ride. It's soo much smoother. I think the 4 inch lifts take away from its stock look. Thats why i went with 2.

dmc-4359

I've been told that mine is lifted but I don't have another one to compare it to around my part of the world. I'd venture a 2" body lift from what I can tell from other people's pictures but I can't be sure unless I see a baseline in person. It does have 33x12.5 tires on 15" rims that are not stock but I really like the stance they have and they do not rub.

http://www.wheresmyjeff****ey.com/images/blazer1.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.wheresmyjeff****ey.com/images/blazer2.jpg

edit - funny, apparently this site is not a fan of my name.

same pics, different url

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks