• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pic thread? Looking for m1009's with minimal lift.

dmc-4359

Thank you for the heads up. The only halfway decent shot I have of the suspension at the moment is this one from when I replaced the flexplate:

The truck is about to get a little fresher engine put in it, so when I'm doing the swap I should have better pics then. Will be sporting a banks turbo too.

BiggsChevys

no blocks in the rear would insinuate there is no lift.... 33x12.5s are said to fit at stock running height....

measure from the top of your axle to the bottom of your frame, and compare with another known stock height m1009

Warren Lovell

33x12.5 BF Goodrich Mudders rub a bit and had to trim the rear inner lip of fender.
I went in to get 32's at discount. They mounted the tires and found they only had three tires in stock...so they told me they would give me the 33's for the same price as the 32's.

After install, when I was backing out of the stall, I did a lock to lock test and they rubbed a lot. So I got a cutoff wheel and die grinder and used their air to cut myself free!

No rela noticeable difference in mileage. The bigger tires give you a better ride. Just remember to put NEW shock on. I had some weird cupping and it turned out my shocks were done.

Warren

etech

here is a photo of my M1009 with no lift and 35x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR's. Im working on lifting it about 2 to 3 inches to clear 37's as for
power i do not know anything else it came with 35's on and as for millage im getting around 20 to 21 on the highway at 65 miles per hour.
Jon-Paul Wehrli's Photos | Facebook
check it out.
first time to post pics hopefully it works. bear with me...
i had to trim the back of the fender on the front fender, but I plan on getting ORD's zero rate leafs, and move the axle forward 1 inch and that would clear with out any trimming then. for 37's I plan to trim the wheel opening up a bit and then put edging on with about a 2 inch lift, and that should do it for 37's I have a set of 39 inch bfg projects but Im scared to install them, would need fiber glass fenders and bigger axles and more lift. so I'll stick to 37's and 35's for now.

Attachments

Last edited:

etech

1 inch front lift, and am working on some long travel shackles for it, as well as some bypass front shocks, and cantilever rear shock mounts. i have a picture of it on 37's and on 39's with only 1 inch lift. on the front, and nothing on the rear. m1009 on 37's is first picture, on 39's in the next picture and 35 flexing in the desert in the last.

Attachments

etech

I have the cad files all done for the shackles for the front and the lift I'm running is a 1" zero rate leaf from ord. That moves the axle forward 1.5 inches. Then had to trim the front and rear of the front fender a bit. 37 clear with no prob at full stuff and the 39's well I think I'm going to have trim the rear for full stuff but haven't tried yet. I'm planning on running 8 lug axles soon as I sure the 39's would love to eat the front axle. Also I'd suggest wheel spacers. The wheels I'm running are caddy esclaide wheels and the offset is wrong for the blazer something with proper back setting and it would be fine.

Hogg

Ive got 33 12.50 on my stock M1009, they are cooper discoverer stt... I love the tire. Ive had absolutley no rubbing issues at all, and ive been pretty tough on it so far... got a 4" rough country laying in the garage floor waitin to be put on... here's some pics

Attachments

Hogg

Thanks, this one came from Ft. Riley, KS... Absoltely lucked out on this one. NO RUST ANYWHERE. New batts and she fired right up. I drive it almost everyday since its cooled off a little

ABN173

I miss my old M1009, my original plan was to drive it from FT Benning, GA to FT Lewis, WA however fate had other ideas. Two weeks before I moved a drunk kid came down my street and wrecked into it. While it was repaired I had doubts about driving it across country.

Oh it had a 6" lift on it when I bought it, with rock crawler wheels/HMMWV tires on it.

-Dale

Attachments

etech

here is my cucv updated, got the caddy wheels and 39x13.50x17r BF-Goodrich Baja KR's mounted from our trophy truck, had to trim the rear fender a little on the back of the rear opening to clear, but not too much. and have only a 1 inch lift front, with the axle moved forward 1.5 inches, just goes to show ya you don't need much lift to clear big tires. still flexes good also. I'm about 6'2" for reference.

Attachments

CUCV85

I got it off egay from rough country. They had a buy it now or best offer. I believe they took 290.00 or 300 even. It didnt come with the bolt to mount the new shocks for some reason. That was only around 20 bucks from car quest.
Just got the Rough Country 4 inch for the M1009 was total of 311.00
free shipping from Jc Whitney,
I like the 2 inch one you have.:mrgreen:

67_C-30

I think I am going with the 2" Rough Country like LTWVARNG's. His truck just looks "right" IMO. I have 33 X 12.50 Mudstars on mine, but they really run closer to like a 33 X 12.50. They are narrower than that the other 33 X 12.50's that I have on other trucks. They don't rub at all, but the 2" looks so good!

Attachments