• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up M816?

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wreckerman and me are going to try and pick up the M816 that I won about 2 weeks ago wish us luck The guy from Gl said that all the 5 ton that were at Forest Park ( Fort Gillan) were drive in . I
AEC Retired Tony

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Call me if you guys run into trouble!

Good luck!

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ant figured out how to do that yet but I will take picture an get some help to post the pitcure I might be calling you for help sorry for being so computer stuiped

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Tony I agree...wreckerman is a good troop:roll:
I caution you Sir!!! DON'T LET HIM PUT ANYTHING IN THE FUEL TANK:!::!::!:

I will try to keep Murphy busy long enough for you to get the mission done:-D

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hey wait a friggin minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COOKIES???

If I gotta fight off Murphy on this mission...somebody better produce some cookies or I will personally unlease the bear!!!

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
great news tony.. and WM can have his better side brought out... sometimes at least.. tell us all about the wrecker once you get it home. :-D

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So WM is involved in this recovery and of course what happens? They have a fuel problem.:roll: They got it running with a shot of starting fluid (runs good), but it won't send any fuel to the engine. In fact sounds like they aren't even getting fuel to the first filter. They are going back next thursday to try again. Said it's rust free has 12 new tires and even has the torches.:wink:

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well got to Forest park (fort Gillam) to pick up the new M816 put in 4 hot batters and try to start it would run on starting fluid acted like it was not geting fuel. Pulled line from Fuel filter no fuel pulled the filter just a little in bottom of the filter housing checked fuel tank valve to make sure in was on the right tank them put air pressure in tank still could not get fuel to the filter anybody no where else to look I have used air in tanks of other truck when I have change fuel pump to get all the air out of the system I am goig to pull up the Tm but if somebody can lead me down the right path or what to check next.
AEC Retire Tony

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suggest you simply bypass your Tank Selector Valve, for now(with a piece of 1/2" rubber fuel line. Leave the valve set on the tank your using ,so it returns to the correct tank.

The selector valves are notorious for leaking air into the system, and stopping you from getting fuel drawn up to the IP.

Once it's home you can remove and or repair, replace it and the lines.

fwiw, I always tell guys with trucks that are new to them, "don't touch the selector valve, until you get it home".

Last edited: