• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

picks of my 25,000 dollar humvee project

olewhiskey

Thumbs up:grd: ! Thats the way they come a lot of the time. Looks like you are on the way. Have fun put up pics as you go please !

jjramrod

yes 25k for that

Don't judge a book by its cover the frame is perfect and rust free the drive train is solid. It runs and drives as is although I will change the current drive train out as the person I received it from built hot rods for a living and put a soiled up bored out 350 in it with mild cams crimes heads dual custom crimes exhaust and a few other things dank thing sounds like a jet but all that is getting replaced with a low mileadge cunnings and a standard tranny six speed have everything but the tranny and clutch set up with parts got closer to 30k in it now but when done it will be one awesome piece of equiptment

shannondeese

Have fun putting the Cummins in it. I put a Cummins and Allison in a freinds M998 for him. It was a PITA. But once it was in it looed good. You'll end up taking the body off a couple times before you get it all hooked up. But that 5.9 is like no other eng in the 998. Good luck.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You guys are jumping on the $25000, being that the humvee is demil only from gl, so the ones are out there are eather from the old release or fell thought the cracks unit, or built from parts, eather way the price goes up, even for a non- runner, look at the price of what some other hard to get MVs are going for (example a m977 series). I remember when the first 809 as well the 900 5ts series started to show on gl and the prices that thay sold for, just like the 915 searies not to long ago.
Also $25000 may sound like a lot, but there is a lot of us that have that and more in our cheap MV, pennies add up

nattieleather

I love the rims... :lol: Hmmm a HMMWV dragster...There's an interesting idea.... Looks like you have a nice base to start from. good luck with your project and yes lots of pictures. :D

ryker725

Step 1.. Trash the wheels and tires..
Step 2... Put the right wheels and tires on it.
Step 3... Don't do anything until you complete steps 1 and 2.. :)

goldneagle

If you are going to sell the existing drive train and tires you should deduct that amount from the cost of the project to a more accurate total. That drive train may have some serious value?

13 MIKE

Nice truck. People bitch about Humvees, and their price. I'll sell all my other trucks before i sell a Hummer.

jjramrod

Ill be putting a 3.9 cummings in i can get more than enough power out of it no problem Yup ill be selling the current motor at least not really making anything off of it just going to stick the motor in a chevy silverado 2500 and ill just be giving it to my buddy for 3k that's the plan anyhow why any of you guys think this hot rod motor might be worth something could use to recoup some more if its really worth anything got two trannys I wont be using if any one is interested

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So why did you feel the need to give your purchase price? You got ripped a new one if you actually paid that for it. It is a project truck. The mods you are planning to do will not make it worth any more than what it is. Yes I do have a HMMWV. good luck

big block 88

So you paid 25k the way it sits or you have budget of 25k for the entire build? That is a TON of money for a shell and frame... Why waste your time with a 4bt 3.9 when the 6bt 5.9 is a much better option and the price would be very similar in price and the performance would be no match.

The 6.5 or 6.2 in it would be worth a few hundred bucks at the most but the cummins will be far superior to the old detroit engine.