• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of built up CUCVs....

84cucv

Hello, my name is mike been a while since i have been here. just for the fun of i would like to see your lifted, turboed etc. K5s and pickups. Just got a banks turbo for one of my CUCVs. lets see some pics thanks

CCATLETT1984

I havent taken good pics yet, although i do have some install pics on the lift. they are posted in the cucv forum. I have a shackle flip on the way to get rid of the lift block in the rear. Also have a banks kit that is getting ready to go one. will be intercooling it as well, although they say that for the low boost levels it not needed, I want to drop the egt's as much as possible. I am doing a rear disc brake conversion as soon as the brackets arrive. and the next thing on the list is to go to crossover steering.

84cucv

nice, rides guys. ccattlet, your truck is going to be close to mine. I have the same plans for one of my cucvs. just need to figure out witch one.

RSOVRanger

CCATLETT1984 said:
RSOVRanger said:
6" skyjacker lift, 35's....
I would love to see some better pics of the antenna setup that you have on your m1009.
not much to see, but when i get a chance i'll take a closeup picture.

basically it's a 18"x18" 1/4" plate with 1/4" angle iron risers/crossbar for mounting the antennas on. It also has 1 riser per side and 2 in the center that go up high enough to function as brush deflectors.

Basically the whole assembly cost me about 40-50$ to build out of the local steel rem yard. Considering my ham antenna cost $60+ the last time it got ripped off when I was wheeling (branch took it off the top of the truck and also damaged the roof/cabling when it did it) it's a small bit of satisfaction. it's bolted straight down through the pseudo-rollbar we have on these rigs. Perfect ground plane, branches get deflected, and it holds all 3 of my antennae. Ham, CB, Scanner.

Sam27

35" swampers with just fender trim:

(okay, how do you add a picture? I browse the file and click "add attachment", but nothing happens)