• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of my Deuce.... and girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the flag should NEVER be worn... nice deuce...
For the record....

Ladies and Gentlemen - - - Steel Soldiers:

The photo below shows the ONLY time that it is permissible to "wear" the Flag of the United States of America. These individuals EARNED the right to do so by rendering the ultimate sacrifice. Untill EARNED, please don't try this yourselves.

[edit note: The previously posted pic has been replaced by a sketch imported from http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html. Please refer to this site for instructions for Flag Draped Casket presentation.
Thank you for bringing this sensitive matter to my attention.]

Attachments

Last edited:

CycleJay

Hi all,

Does that mean I should throw out my nice leather jack with the USA flag sewn onto it?
(It was made that way)
It cost me a good chunk of change too..

Thanks

CJ

mudguppy

deuce and girl.

deuce and girl.

that's what this thread was about...

i really think that all of this other bickering should have been moved to a new thread in the conversations forum. however, since it's not 'MV specific', i guess there is no place for that discussion.

jamesfrom180

Sorry pictures of draped coffins are just as offensive to me as some have found the OP. Using such a picture in such a discussion is as classless and tasteless as wearing the flag.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior You sir actually brought me out of lurking on this subject.<< For me this has been resolved. Thank you.

P.S. Good Idea period clothing with the deuce would be better. Good work to you and your girl on the calender. Need more of the truck in the photo. and maybe less flag.

I choose to leave this post and hope anyone that reads it understands that this whole community is above all patriotic and can show brotherly love and compasion.

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I didnt care to see the picture also (im sure all Combat Vets dont). Its amazing how far off topic people can take a guy taking nice pictures of his Girl with a Duece. Mudguppy, your right on that.

Lets move on? -Jay

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry pictures of draped coffins are just as offensive to me as some have found the OP. Using such a picture in such a discussion is as classless and tasteless as wearing the flag.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior You sir actually brought me out of lurking on this subject. Originally when read I found the OP Tasteless for reasons already stated in the above comments. But, as my mother told me I had nothing better to say so I was not going to mentions a D*&^ thing. Now you have in my opinion taken a misstep and have taken liberties with something that you have no rite too. That might in trueth be one of your sons or daughters but not all of those coffins contain your loved ones. Not only as a matter of patriotic decency but also as human courtesy to any of the loved ones of that picture I believe an apology is called for.

P.S. Good Idea period clothing with the deuce would be better. Good work to you and your girl on the calender. Need more of the truck in the photo. and maybe less flag.
My previous post has been edited - the picture has been replaced.
My most sincere apologies to those who were offended.
John

Mitymac

Coldwarrior, you do not need to aplogize. The persons draped in the FLAG the family the flag need the honor. Not the silly rambleling of the hormones of the postees of this thead. It should have come from the moderators. The post on flag ettiquitte and yours are right on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks