• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PICS of The M543A2 Going Through Phases- FOR SALE

joec

Putting up some pics of the truck getting worked on at Eastern Surplus. It has a Multifuel. Yeah i know not enough power. It's getting wire wheeled and da sanded. With lots of coats of Of some addictive OD paint.

Thanks to Dave at Eastern Surplus for another truck. Crane and winches all work great. Engine runs great has a c turbo..whistles like a jet turbine. And started right up in 30 degree weather more pics to follow. Pick her up in the summer. More updates as it goes along.

ITS HOME TODAY!!!!!!!!!

CHECK FOR SALE SECTION

Attachments

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: PICS of The M543 Going Through Phases

I looked at that third pic and thought, "He needs a bump cap!"

(Hey! Don't laugh! I've rang my bell a few times under these dang trucks!)

Nice truck! Big iron! BIG, BIG iron!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Looks good so far! Please post pics of the paint job when it is done!

I've heard a lot about Eastern Supply regarding their sales. Not so much on their services. Would be nice to see how it gets done, I might need some major resto work in the future and he's probably the closest to me....

joec

Thanks guy's...it should look really good when it's done. I know it already runs and operates great. So the after pics will be up soon. Yes OD is the worst habbit ever. Even the under side of the truck is clean. Was underneath it twice. Only leak was gasket on the oil filter. Other then that pretty tight. The crane has no play what so ever on the house (turntable). Air brake on the 45k is working great. Winch on the front is working. All is good so far. Dave is replacing all the work lights on the crane. And the rest of the light on the truck. This summer i will be putting together the kit together for the truck. Have most of it need 1 spade though. And tools. Have all the pulleys wiffle tree and such. Need the light bar. I want to setup the truck at shows with my M35 HOOKED UP AND ALL THE GEAR DISPLAYED. More to follow!

joec

Re: RE: PICS of The M543 Going Through Phases

maddawg308 said:
Looks good so far! Please post pics of the paint job when it is done!

I've heard a lot about Eastern Supply regarding their sales. Not so much on their services. Would be nice to see how it gets done, I might need some major resto work in the future and he's probably the closest to me....

Dave has been a straight up guy with me. No problems great service. And doing a fantastic job with bringing the truck back to original condition. I could put singles on but i want it to look like it did when it was shipped.close to atleast.

Maddawg308 you won't be disappointed. Will you be able to make the rally in NJ in August?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: PICS of The M543 Going Through Phases

dave was straight with me when i got the 819 from him, i knew what i was getting and i thought the price was fair. there was NO GAMES played

joec

Re: RE: Re: RE: PICS of The M543 Going Through Phases

73m819 said:
dave was straight with me when i got the 819 from him, i knew what i was getting and i thought the price was fair. there was NO GAMES played

Yes Dave is a straight shooter. You get what you pay for. He's up front and gives you a good product when you get it. My m35 has been great. This is how Dave is. I asked him how much for a flasher for the Deuce. I e-mailed him and said i need a flasher how much? So i showed up to take pictures and said follow me. Hands me a flasher then He said here you go put it on. No charge!!!! Bought the truck 3 months ago and hands me a flasher!!!! That is a true business man. Just like the truck it is going to look sweet when its done!!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

joec said:
Maddawg308 you won't be disappointed. Will you be able to make the rally in NJ in August?
Hope to. A little too far out for planning, but it's not that far up the road. It all depends how things go with the bills come summer.

steelandcanvas

joec said:
73m819 said:

Yes Dave is a straight shooter. You get what you pay for. He's up front and gives you a good product when you get it. My m35 has been great. This is how Dave is. I asked him how much for a flasher for the Deuce. I e-mailed him and said i need a flasher how much? So i showed up to take pictures and said follow me. Hands me a flasher then He said here you go put it on. No charge!!!! Bought the truck 3 months ago and hands me a flasher!!!! That is a true business man. Just like the truck it is going to look sweet when its done!!!
This is what the world needs, an HONEST businessman. Glad you guys found him and will be return business for him.

joec

emmado22 said:
I have several of the snatch blocks and chains that go to that wrecker. I'll be at the NJ show.
The truck came with 3 snatch blocks and the 5/8 chain with the ring and hook. Plus alot of other parts. I will see you there. Would like to complete all the hardware the truck needs as per the PS articles with the right gear.

joec

maddawg308 said:
joec said:
Hope to. A little too far out for planning, but it's not that far up the road. It all depends how things go with the bills come summer.
Ok. Keep me informed how your plans turnout.

dirtyfingernails

RE: Re: RE: PICS of The M543 Going Through Phases

Nice truck! I bought my truck from Dave too. He did the bobbing for me. Excellent experience and I will buy from Dave again. I had the same experience Joe did. A few parts on my duece developed problems after the sale and Dave sent me replacement parts immediately by overnight courier. Dave also spent a lot of time on the phone with me teaching me about the truck. Very patient. Good guy.
Steve

joec

dirtyfingernails said:
Nice truck! I bought my truck from Dave too. He did the bobbing for me. Excellent experience and I will buy from Dave again. I had the same experience Joe did. A few parts on my duece developed problems after the sale and Dave sent me replacement parts immediately by overnight courier. Dave also spent a lot of time on the phone with me teaching me about the truck. Very patient. Good guy.
Steve
Yup thats Dave. Takes care of you and that is service above and beyond what he should do. That is why i am getting the M543 off him. Glad to hear that Steve.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks