• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pineville LA assistance M920

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey NDT, not to get off subject but it looks like your avatar has some huge balls hanging from its undercarriage.;)
Ha Ha. That truck has some kahones, that being the double reduction Timken-Detroit SD353 axles at 7.33 ratio. Will pull anything given traction.

OK, back on subject. I have done several recoveries from where these trucks are parked, so I may be of assistance. They are in a tight fenced compound down a little dirt road in a forgotten corner of Camp Beauregard. If you are sending a carrier, you need to be aware that the gravel parking area does not have enough room for your driver to back up to the truck and winch on. The LANG guys will be able to jump your truck with a HMMWV. There are considerable services available in Pineville/Alexandria including heavy duty wreckers.

TacticalTruck

if you can schedule the pickup for a day I am there I would be happy to test out my winch to load your truck. Or whatever you need help with. My tentative plan is to leave my home the night of the 1st and to be in LA the morning of the 2nd to begin my trip home. If anyone else wants to coordinate give me a call.
Eldgen.
Thanks Eldgen!

TacticalTruck

Got my paper work. mslogr is going there today. I have feelers out for haulers but I have not hired one yet. Any referrals are appreciated.
Jeff

eldgenb

Got my paper work. mslogr is going there today. I have feelers out for haulers but I have not hired one yet. Any referrals are appreciated.
Jeff

the best and quickest bet is to try uShip - The Online Shipping Marketplace - Ship Freight, Furniture, Vehicles or Moves it like reverse ebay they bid down on each other for your business. My EUC should be available any time, GL has no rhyme or reason to their process so its very unpredictable in my opinion, Ross got his EUC more than a week ago.(they must like him better:wink:)

engineertex

Compliments to everyone for all the great info here on the Pineville auction. I am also now the proud new owner of an M920. (lot 7606 if I remember correctly) Have seen the notes about the EUC taking a bit of time. Looks like that same dog bit me as well. I think they must like *everyone* better than they like me.

Whenever the EUC comes through, I'll be driving from Dallas (likely with a woefully inadequate complement of tools, though hopefully not) to pick it up, drive it back and then take the Greyhound back out to retrieve the support vehicle ('99 Honda Accord) I can offer a ride to anyone flying into DFW or DAL out to Pineville if the window of opportunity opens properly. Of course, waiting on the EUC, I've got no idea when that might be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks