• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pintle hitch nut size?

Mquirin

I'm trying to remove the pintle hook on my M998. I need to order a socket large enough to remove the nut holding it on, but I can't find the size mentioned anywhere. Does anyone know what size socket I need?

Thank you.

Mquirin

It's not rusted, but won't just twist off by hand. I need to get a socket on it, I just don't have one that big and need to know what size to order. Thank you.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or a set of Sockets, Harbor Freight has them reasonable, at least when I ordered them when I bought my M35A3 some 8 years ago or so.

HowlinMadMurdock

I'm trying to remove the pintle hook on my M998. I need to order a socket large enough to remove the nut holding it on, but I can't find the size mentioned anywhere. Does anyone know what size socket I need?

Thank you.
It looks like nobody answered you… the socket size is 1 7/8” …. I JUST NOW bought a socket for that very thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks