• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pita water pump

beanman1

well today was the day where i atempted to do the engine swap in my m1009 i was looking at the water pump and it was different. I took out the normal 5 bolts that to me looked like that was all that held the water pump on but then it was stuck so i proceed to get my big f-ing hammer and beat the tar out of it until i noticed something that seems funny to me. long story short remove to top timing cover also and the water pump will come right off because there are about 6 13mm bolts behind that cover that bolts to the water pump also

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One thing you will not find in the TMs,

big f-ing hammer and beat the tar out of it

beanman1

i know i didnt have access to the tms at the time and i figures it would be like the normal water pump you would gind in a normal gm engine lol

motormayhem

That tripped me up as well...except I used a prying screwdriver not a hammer...and when it didnt come off I went to the tm's and kicked myself, but no harm done.

Attachments