• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pita water pump

beanman1

well today was the day where i atempted to do the engine swap in my m1009 i was looking at the water pump and it was different. I took out the normal 5 bolts that to me looked like that was all that held the water pump on but then it was stuck so i proceed to get my big f-ing hammer and beat the tar out of it until i noticed something that seems funny to me. long story short remove to top timing cover also and the water pump will come right off because there are about 6 13mm bolts behind that cover that bolts to the water pump also

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One thing you will not find in the TMs,

big f-ing hammer and beat the tar out of it

beanman1

i know i didnt have access to the tms at the time and i figures it would be like the normal water pump you would gind in a normal gm engine lol

motormayhem

That tripped me up as well...except I used a prying screwdriver not a hammer...and when it didnt come off I went to the tm's and kicked myself, but no harm done.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks