• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pitmaster T - Cooking on the MKT

pitmaster t

From my "Original Hot and Fast Site" on Facebook by Pitmaster T

http://youtu.be/qf4FGVrdl-A

There's the video. Here are my findings... now I have a direction to go. Remember, BBQ is a back end item for my MKT Flat top project... its mostly Burgers and dawgs...

Well, not sure if y'all remember the "Housequake." That was a smoked bbq 1/2 rack of ribs which was chilled then deep fried to order in 8 minutes. I had a lot of adjustment to do then.

In this procedure I was more interested in logistics versus taste. Theoretically you can cook all night in your bed just thinking about it - but the true test is when you actually do it.

The Pulled pork was cooked to perfection then chilled. Mistake number one... it should be just a little BEHIND perfection if it is going to be chilled, packed, then reheated. I found my signature was gone. So it was a far departure from that. If you watch me prep it on the griddle... I KEPT CHOPPING!!!!!!! To some they love this... to me... nope. You can see here its totally different in todays Video from the Pulled Pork I am famous for locally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BuKmYDSBnQ

So the second thing I noticed was the sauce (even the red sauce I made) did not burn as much as I thought it would.

But lastly.... I realized... hold on..... I am taking way too much space jackin with this stuff. What if I am watching six burgers (WITH cheese Skirts) at the same time. I cant be doing this if I get 6 orders of Pork.

So what I think is.....

1. I am not going to chop my Pork up when its cooked. Maybe the skin... it needs the cleaver... other than that... pull out the bone, pack and chill.

2. I can see me cooking the burgers and if I have a lull I can always toss up a but on the griddle to steam under a hat (by the way... I need more height on the steaming lid but LOVE it being square)... but once it has a bit of a char on it I can toss it in a 1/3 or half pan even and it only occupies a fraction of griddle space I already am using for butter melts, sauce. etc.

3. The chicken sucked as a sandwich.. good taste but messy.... chunck were too large.. I cooked brined thighs in the UDS and chilled them and packed them. But I sliced them. perfect for tacos... a disaster for sandwiched... unless I cheesed them. The meat went all over the place. I can see using the dough knife to cut up a portioned amount for tacos or leave it intact for a sandwich... which then didn't even really need sauce.

In short I know which way to go for this "also serving BBQ."