• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plastic draincock STRIPPED!! FUEL LEAK!

Nacademus

Hello SS!

I have an issue with my M1008.

I unscrewed the plastic draincock just a little bit some time back to bleed the filter a bit due to a WIF light.

I noticed that when I went to screw it in, it would just keep spinning. It wouldn't tighten much. I managed to get it to turn in enough to stop leaking.

Well, fast forward a couple months and I had a hard start event. It cranked for a long time, then ran a second and putted out. I heard fluid dripping onto the driveway and knew what it was-that darn plastic fitting was loose.

I had to tighten it a little, well, as much as I could since its STRIPPED, to stop the fuel leak. I bled the system and the truck started right up.

I wanted to replace my block style with a spin-on type, but not just yet.

Does anyone know of a solution for this for now? Who sells he plastic threaded piece? Can I get a standard plug to put in its place? If so, what are the thread dimensions?

Please advise!
Thanks!

Highlighted in Yellow.

Last edited:

86M10086.2L

I eliminated those stupid plastic caps on mine and tapped out both ports on the filter base for 1/4" fittings and installed brass needle valves. Filter changes are now a one person, no mess, 5 minute affair. Well worth the effort.

CycleJay

re; Plastic draincock STRIPPED!! FUEL LEAK!

I eliminated those stupid plastic caps on mine and tapped out both ports on the filter base for 1/4" fittings and installed brass needle valves. Filter changes are now a one person, no mess, 5 minute affair. Well worth the effort.
Hello 86,

You would not happen to have a photo of those needle valves installed,
do you?

Sounds like it would be a good idea for me to do to my M1009 too.

Thank you...