• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plastic draincock STRIPPED!! FUEL LEAK!

Nacademus

Hello SS!

I have an issue with my M1008.

I unscrewed the plastic draincock just a little bit some time back to bleed the filter a bit due to a WIF light.

I noticed that when I went to screw it in, it would just keep spinning. It wouldn't tighten much. I managed to get it to turn in enough to stop leaking.

Well, fast forward a couple months and I had a hard start event. It cranked for a long time, then ran a second and putted out. I heard fluid dripping onto the driveway and knew what it was-that darn plastic fitting was loose.

I had to tighten it a little, well, as much as I could since its STRIPPED, to stop the fuel leak. I bled the system and the truck started right up.

I wanted to replace my block style with a spin-on type, but not just yet.

Does anyone know of a solution for this for now? Who sells he plastic threaded piece? Can I get a standard plug to put in its place? If so, what are the thread dimensions?

Please advise!
Thanks!

Highlighted in Yellow.

Last edited:

86M10086.2L

I eliminated those stupid plastic caps on mine and tapped out both ports on the filter base for 1/4" fittings and installed brass needle valves. Filter changes are now a one person, no mess, 5 minute affair. Well worth the effort.

CycleJay

re; Plastic draincock STRIPPED!! FUEL LEAK!

I eliminated those stupid plastic caps on mine and tapped out both ports on the filter base for 1/4" fittings and installed brass needle valves. Filter changes are now a one person, no mess, 5 minute affair. Well worth the effort.
Hello 86,

You would not happen to have a photo of those needle valves installed,
do you?

Sounds like it would be a good idea for me to do to my M1009 too.

Thank you...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks