• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please don't be this guy(pics inside)

bigjoe

I am not big on the idea of using this car to tow that trailer, but at least the trailers is empty. However no safety chains is not good. Magnetic towing lights that I have used have held up quite well on bumpy roads. As Josh said the towing capacity of the car is more than the weight of the trailer, but I believe a riser for that hitch is a must to level it off along with safety chains. Not something I would personally do, I'd rather be overkill with the towing vehicle than the load.2cents

panshark

guy in the video should have a spare timber to replace the one that he's smoking. Or (just maybe) a spare tire. Is that right? Was that wood smoking as he was cruising down the road? Sounds like the headlines for a darwin award... Guy lights himself on fire by catching wooden trailer tire replacements on fire. Also cited for speeding.rofl

Chevytruck

guy in the video should have a spare timber to replace the one that he's smoking. Or (just maybe) a spare tire. Is that right? Was that wood smoking as he was cruising down the road? Sounds like the headlines for a darwin award... Guy lights himself on fire by catching wooden trailer tire replacements on fire. Also cited for speeding.rofl

:funny:

hre513

:funny:
It looked like it was smoking.

hre513

If your on your way to your campsite, at least you have the wood for the camp fire already started.

jesusgatos

Whats the big deal? A member towed his m105 home with his volvo.
I dunno. Picked up an M353 trailer with an Astrovan. Was rated to tow more than the trailer weighed, and the angle on the tongue was ridiculous, but it was cheaper than driving mah deuce (500 mile trip).

EDIT: got pulled over by highway patrol and the guy lectured me, but couldn't really do anything.

GoldComet6

I think that a FWD Buick Century is pushing it to me - to make it worse it may be one of the 4 banger models! Based on my limited experience at work with the GM A Bodys, they're brakes weren't the best either. I drove an A Body on my job while doing field work and the right rear drum would always lockup during braking. Nobody could ever fix it, so I would slow to a stop often with the right rear drum locked - just sliding and smoking. Plus I doubt it was rated to tow more than 1000 lbs. I would hate to add 1400 more pounds to it.....

Guess this is what we'll start seeing more of then. With the high cost of fuel it may make sense.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZnKxs6hE84[/media]

Last edited:

Mikey90744

I dont know the weight on the trailer, but if it were under 1500 lbs (seen 1400 lbs in this thread) I wouldnt hesitate to tow it with our subaru, which is only rated to tow 2000 lbs, no brakes would make me a little worried, but the subaru says over 1000 lbs for brakes, so thats only 500 over. I know I know, liability. however our subaru has ua subar hitch, (installed by me) and wiring for lights, while I think there is nothing wrong aside from possible chaffing of the straps used in place of chains, I WOULDNT DO IT!!!!!! but im not saying its unsafe by anymeans, especialy if each one is rated at 20K+ lbs

just my worthless opinion

Mikey90744

and as for people saying if he bought it he should have a tow vehicle for it why didnt he bring that. well, I use my ranger A LOT to go pick up stuff that everyone says I should be using my durajap truck, but for me if the ranger will haul/ tow it legaly/ safely I take the ranger instead of the 8K lbs worth of truck for a simple reason MILEAGE. just something to ponder

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks