• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PLEASE READ-NC Rally-NEED NEW HEAD COUNT

Are you going/ you may select more than 1

• Yes just me

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • yes me and 1 other

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • yes me +2

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Yes me +3

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I want a T-shirt

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No maybe next year

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

stampy

Another thing of interest, in the Park they allow you to pan for gold in the streams and creeks. That might be of interest also as an activity, depending on how close a creek might be. But metal detectors are not allowed. Also there is fishing and of course hiking.

Heck yeah I'll bring the dry washer and a shovel! WooooHoo! pay for the trip!:-D:-D

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hello fellas Please check S S rally forum for the N.C. Uwharrie Vehicle count Thread and post up What you are bringing.

Thanks very much. We are still working through the process.

Neil

GoHot229

As I relayed to Neil & Bull Dog, I live in Cason Old Field, which is approximatly 9 miles S SE of Wadesbourough NC. which in turn is approximatly 45-50 miles from Uharrie Nat. Forrest at the bottom of Highway 52. I have a 30 acre farm and the location is such that all the neighbors are aware of the comings and goings, and that is a good thing as we are all very good friends and two neighbors are Wadesbourough Police, thus its a safe area. I have a Garage/barn that a full size Dodge 3/4 ton van will fit inside of, although a Duce will not. Also I have a tripple bay out building that can provide rain shelter while wrenching. Also I have a loader John Deere as well as access to a flatbed trailer capable of carrying again, a full size Van/PU/Car. Also I have access to just about every type of tool for repair of just about any vehicle made. Therefore if the members considering this outing, but hessatent because of the fear of a breakdown should consider this offer of safe harbor at My place, where you could repair or weld up any mishap that could occur making your return trip less risky. As I pointed out this is a rural tight knit comunity here, and were you to need to store your vehicle a while until you could perform a recovery, it would be in safe hands as I am always here at the farm, except for minor running into town, parts/grocery getting, but 99% of the time here, affording a great degree of safety with no worry of tampering. I would just ask that if repairs were not sufficiant to become roadworthy, you try to recover your vehicle in a timely manner, in other words no pressure, but Id' like arrangements to procede in a timely manner. Also I have overnight stayover room, I'm sure we could fit in 3-4 people if time were needed to facilitate repairs. So......consider this offer if you are concerned of mishap. 704-851-9953, a cell soon..... for those doing Map Quest: 726 Mayesville Rd. Morven NC. 28119 the actual area here is Cason Old field @ Hwy. 742 & Mayesville Rd. and Morven, (4 miles E.) is for Mail purposes only. Under the BOLD letters 'ANSON' is the #11 that is about actual location As you increase size on the Mapquest screen, you will see Wadesbourough etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

stampy

What can I say except, You have to love this board! Gohot thanks again for your offer. We all appreciate it so much. I just wish you could make it this year! Hey if you want to come you are welcome to camp in my 109. If anybody is coming from around Wadesboro and could give you a lift up and back that would be great as I am way north of you.

KI4GSN

I'm not sure if I can make it or not, i'll try my hardest. If I do, i'll be in a crew cab 4x4, so if anyone wants to go but doesn't want to/can't drive, they're welcome to ride with me. I may even get adventerous and try some trails:-D

Not trying to steal GoHot's thunder, but should the need arise, I have a 20' gooseneck car trailer that could easily haul a CUCV and/or parts thereof. Even if I don't make it, i'll give someone my info should anyone's ride need a ride back home or to a repair location.

stampy

Sorry I can't make the CMVPA meet this month...I have a prior comittment. Last month was GREAT! The food and company were exceptional! I plan on being there in April!

GoHot229

Hay Folks, Men and Woman, boys and girls, the time approaches....my offer of safe haven still stands. I'll be there, hoping that you will be as well.
SEE POST # 32 here in this thread on page 4. Not to worry their will be help if theres mishap, and an emergency place to fix or store your outfit.

Last edited:

bullgear

Just heard about this. I'm in fer sure with as many vehicles as I can muster drivers for. Where's the rest of the NCMVPA bunch!? Oh yeah, they don't like to get their trucks dusty.:wink:
I'm also close to URE and will be happy to help any way I can. I've done a bunch of events out there. I'm familiar with all the trails and would be happy to lead some rides if need be.

kaiser715

I'm also close to URE and will be happy to help any way I can. I've done a bunch of events out there. I'm familiar with all the trails and would be happy to lead some rides if need be.
I just want to say that Tony here is the man for Uwharrie -- he knows the trails frontwards and backwards...and how to get thru the tough spots. He's a good one for leading the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks