• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

parklandtrans

Oh yes, Brad and I are good friends, he has helped me out a lot with my 5 ton (923A1) it was my very first Military vehicle purchase. Since then I have moved on to the HMMWV Category and currently have 2, with one 95% restored.
There was a car show this weekend at the Cabelas Store in Lacey. The show was put on by the "Combat Vets Motorcycle club". These folks put on an awesome car show with a very good turnout even with the weather issue. This is one of they most organized and professional groups I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of...that with me being just a nobody off the street wanting to enter a car show..I was welcomed like I was a club member rather then just an entry..!!

I am proud to announce that my M998A1, took best in class and "Best in Show, Truck category"... I was floored by the announcement of my winning because I was up against sure pretty stiff competition that had a lot of "chrome and shiny new paint". But all said and done, the dull 3 color woodland camouflage paint scheme won the hearts of the crowd..!!
I am so looking forward to being involved with these folks again on any other shows they put on...also I know where the proceeds are going and who they will be going to...anytime these folks are involved you can count me in..!!

Lastly, there is a car and truck show this month September 23rd at the Sprinker Recreation Center in Spanaway Wa. You can go online and get all of your information for participating or just viewing the entries. I plan on entering the Humvee and see if I strike gold twice in the same month..!!
Thanks for the response back Rusty Stud and I look forward to meeting you and continuing this conversation in person..!!

Bob Huke (Parkland Trans)
1-253-225-0441

TracerX

New to the forum. Just pulled the trigger on a M1078 winch truck today. My buddy will be helping(doing most of the work) getting it in driving condition before I take ownership of it to finish up the small details. This is my first military vehicle.

Another Ahab

New to the forum. Just pulled the trigger on a M1078 winch truck today. My buddy will be helping(doing most of the work) getting it in driving condition before I take ownership of it to finish up the small details. This is my first military vehicle.
Welcome from over here in Virginia.

How's the truck running?

rancherrob

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would anyone be interested in a really nice set of troop seats/cargo sides for an M35a2/deuce? I rebuilt them out of green wood print trex with all the hardware powder coated in army green. The bows though, are the original bent oak wood but are in good shape. I'm going to get rid of my deuce and thought I might be able to get a little for the seats.
It also has a never used PTO winch and a fair condition cargo tarp that I could sell without affecting the donation value of the deuce much.
You'd have to come get them in Washougal, WA

Attachments

Last edited:

srodocker

HOLA! My potato computer is still somewhat running so was able to get on.

New years day trip! Meet at elmas Rusty Tractor resturant. @ 0800. Then after breakfast convoy to ocean shores. This where we will drive on the beach and such then have some lunch at bennets Fish shack. then maybe take the long route and convoy back to elma. Any questions give me a holler!

2deuce

Hello, I'm looking for top bows for my M1008. I understand the CUCV bows and the M880 bows are the same. They aren't easy to ship so I'm hoping someone in OR or WA has a set to sell, that I could pick up. I'm in the Portland area. Please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Greg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks