• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

2deuce

I think most of the buyers of CUCV pickups don't get one to keep it military and end up tossing the bows if it came with any. I think the cover over the bed really adds to the military look that I'm after. Unfortunately they seem to be scarce.

2deuce

I'm too old for FB, I don't have a smart phone either.
I hope it comes back, I'll keep checking. The M880 uses the same parts, if you come across a set......

Thanks

zanther

I just realized there's either a Deuce or a 5 ton near the Brightwater treament plant on Highway 9 north of Woodinville WA. Anyone know who's it is? I've only got the span of a seconds view when driving past so I can't tell for certain which it is.
Best part is that I got my wife enlisted in helping me try to identify the model as we drove past yesterday, try explaining how to tell a 5 ton from a deuce , in 30 seconds , while you're driving!

rustystud

I just realized there's either a Deuce or a 5 ton near the Brightwater treament plant on Highway 9 north of Woodinville WA. Anyone know who's it is? I've only got the span of a seconds view when driving past so I can't tell for certain which it is.
Best part is that I got my wife enlisted in helping me try to identify the model as we drove past yesterday, try explaining how to tell a 5 ton from a deuce , in 30 seconds , while you're driving!
There's quite a few Deuces and 5 tons out here.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No idea who that is, but it probably took me two weeks of glancing, think its a 5 ton 939 series. Not sure what length.

rustystud

*blows the dust off the thread*

Found this tonight when I got to my welding class at the VoTec in Bellingham...

View attachment 726187
Yep. They sure need that up there in Bellingham what with all the drug cartels and such ! LOL !!!
I think the Sheriff up there has a little town complex and wants to pretend he is the Law for a big city !
I mean come on ! When was the last time you heard of any thing going on up there besides a Tulip Fair !

1StumpJumper

When was the last time you heard of any thing going on up there besides a Tulip Fair !

Tulip Fair is Skagit county:snopes check:. They sure could have, and should have used it when protesters blocked the freeway a while back:tank:.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything north of Marysville is Tulip country to me.
Well, there are no tulip fields north of Mt. Vernon. I hope you don't consider the Yukon to also be tulip country...

As for the MRAP, I suspect the sheriff got it for free, and as it's at the VoTec I suspect that students are getting to work on it (the engine) as part of their classes.

rustystud

Well, there are no tulip fields north of Mt. Vernon. I hope you don't consider the Yukon to also be tulip country...

As for the MRAP, I suspect the sheriff got it for free, and as it's at the VoTec I suspect that students are getting to work on it (the engine) as part of their classes.
I'm sure they got it for free under that misguided program that allowed local law enforcement to get military grad armament.
If I'm not allowed to have a MRAP then neither should local law enforcement. The 2nd amendment was pretty clear on our rights there. Just saying.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are allowed to have an MRAP. It’s just that the U.S. GOVT isn’t going to sell you one of their old ones. You can buy one from another country govt and import it, or have a sweet DIY project.

rustystud

You are allowed to have an MRAP. It’s just that the U.S. GOVT isn’t going to sell you one of their old ones. You can buy one from another country govt and import it, or have a sweet DIY project.
That would be a sweet project wouldn't it !
Of course then you would need the DOT to license it, which they might not do.

Amer-team

Am trying to get a 1991 M923A2 licensed in WA. It will be a title in doubt licensing procedure, due to a convoluted story. Went to SP for VIN check. Data plates in this truck say Serial Number and Identification Number, so he wouldn't go for that since it doesn't say Vehicle Identification number. Even though their website says a VIN is a unique Serial number to the vehicle. I thought everything was okay and when I went to get the license today, he had written it in such a way that they could not give me a license on it. I did look up some US Code. Department of licensing base their thoughts in this matter on WAC and RCW's and if they do not speak to it, they refer to the 49 US Code. In this case I found 49 US Code #30112. Non complying motor vehicles and equipment (a) General (3) (b) Non application - This section does not apply to- (9) a motor vehicle that is at least 25 years old. This could be interesting. Will keep you posted. I also found a couple of other things including a letter from NHTSA, this was from another thread, that says vehicles produced to military specifications are exempt from Federal motor vehicle safety standards.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks