• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amer-team & JEB, do you plan on presenting the other cases of precedent from the other states that have legalized HMMWVs and relaxed the laws on other MVs? Wisconsin comes to mind but there are a few others talked about in the politics section and those successful cases might hold some sway when trying to convince politicians here in WA.

Amer-team

I don't think the Humvee issue is a problem with this. This bill had bipartisan support, but it was a busy session and my guess is that they didn't get much cheer leading from our side. Since we know about it this time that should make a difference. One of the issues that I have had with getting licensing inspections, is having a Serial number and not a VIN. Seems like the same thing to me, but the inspector was looking for an excuse to not pass it. 'That was on an M923A2. There is also a lot of variability of who interprets what and how they do it. When we get the word out about hearings, we need people to go and at least sign in, for. Will see if I can arrange a military vehicle show on the Capitol grounds that day too. But no scary assault trucks. :)

Special T

If your not utilizing ALL forms of online promotion to reach people you are doomed to fail. FB is quite powerful, and if you form a page to promote it you can measure your sucess.
FB
Do you have a list of related pages and closed groups for the Washington/PNW area? Including non military car collectors?

You tube
Who is making videos relating to the hobby? History buffs? Wrench bending channels? Could do an interview with them.

Have you made friends with your local legislator? Offered to give them a ride in a parade? This issue shouldn't have much of a Left vs Right debate. Make friends on both sides.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Amer-team

Did have that meeting with Rep. Orcutt, last week. This is not high on their list, but he would support this. He said that he had a brief conversation with DOL and their concern is the crash worthiness of our vehicles, not meeting crumple standards. I asked how many crash incidents with the ones that are already on the road. I have heard of a couple in our state over the years, but not much. More to come as legislative season gets closer. There are a few FB pages out there that could also be helpful locally. PNW Steelsoldiers, MVCCO and the PSMVCC. If others have ideas chime in please.

Amer-team

Which is absolute unadulterated BS, because they allow Model Ts, A's, etc etc and everything on the road as an antique.....
I agree, but we can't let logic get in the way of making rulings over the ruled class. What about the Kenworths and Peterbilts? If logic meant anything to this discussion we would not be having it. What I am hoping, in the way they wrote the rule last time, it lumped military vehicles under Collector Vehicle licensing. that is okay, but they maintained the licensing of vehicles that were over 30 years old and military vehicles, so that and makes it so there is no age for MV's. They of course will not want to interpret it that way, but I thought that was funny.

MrMikey4026

I would love to join you somewhere, sometime. After I get my LMTV fit to drive outside of the yard.
I have 10 acres north of Eatonville and a large barn/shop that would be a good place to have a party.
Lots of old crap to start up and play with.
The avatar is a 1941 M3 diesel radial.
Mike

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ATTENTION ALL PNW SS MEMBERS !

I know many of you don't look at the Chaplains Corner Forum much. In fact, some of you may have never looked at it.

THEREFORE....

WE HAVE A MEMBER DOWN in the PNW Regioin.
Please follow this link for the CALL TO ACTION.

Thank you for assisting as you can.

John
SS Chaplain.

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
ATTENTION ALL PNW SS MEMBERS !

I know many of you don't look at the Chaplains Corner Forum much. In fact, some of you may have never looked at it.

THEREFORE....

WE HAVE A MEMBER DOWN in the PNW Regioin.
Please follow this link for the CALL TO ACTION.

Thank you for assisting as you can.

John
SS Chaplain.
Thank you for the heads-up on this. I've dropped some in the hat, I'll add more as/when I can. Every little bit helps. We take care of our own.

Wolfen

I would appreciate some wrench turners in Woodburn OR also. My Wc63 needs some wiring done, the speedometer looked at at. As well as the canvas installed and a few minor body parts. Lunch and liquid refreshments would be provided. I do have a fridge and a microwave. All work would be performed indoors and would bee heated by request. I do have the canvas and the windshield parts and the wood. Getting the winch cable installed would also be nice.

ATNC325

I'm in central oregon, Bend area and I'm always down for turning wrenches. Was into rock crawling jeeps but now found a new love for mv's. I have a 89 M998

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks