• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

YOUNG GUN

I cant believe I missed this thread before, thanks to WSUcougarx's run induced brain freeze, the thread popped to the top of the list as i cruised by.

I have my pin here in Central Oregon, representing the Beavers :)

I would certainly be up for getting together with a few guys. I know at least one other owner who doesn't frequent the forum, but lives only a few blocks from me, if my powers of suggestion hold their course, there will be another 5-ton in my buddies yard.

We are always up for a chance to get stuck, have a BBQ, and partake in wheat filtered water....coffee works too.

Cheers all

Jeep

We have a place out at CRR, so I'm almost always up for a trip to the Bend area:beer:

The only thing I haven't done is take the Deuce over with me, that will have to change:driver:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're invited also. :beer:
Thanks, Wolfen!

It's a little far for me right now on my schedule. However, in the future I'd like to take you up on that.

As far as parking and food goes, food is not a problem! That's the good news. The parking however is non-existent. That's the bad news (in fact I'm looking for a place to keep my M-37 / M-42 and trailer and all the "spares" and "accessories" I've accumulated over the past 30 years). These trucks are worse than Barbi dolls! :-D

Jeepjake

Ive got a place out there too! Ha, small world. Well if you find yourself headed over the hill with the deuce, make sure to look me up!

Cheers
Jeep
We have a place out at CRR, so I'm almost always up for a trip to the Bend area:beer:

The only thing I haven't done is take the Deuce over with me, that will have to change:driver:

YOUNG GUN

Ive got a place out there too! Ha, small world. Well if you find yourself headed over the hill with the deuce, make sure to look me up!

Cheers
Jeep
I'll definetly send you a message, I should be over in the next few weekends.
I can't wait to take the deuce out on all the BLM roads:-D

Wolfen

I would definitely like to get together with as many of you as possible. I need to get my WC54 Roadworthy first. I need to get the new Carbeurator on and fix the Headlights, Horn and Wipers. :beer:

Josh

OK. I'm in. As long as it's not the Jolly Roger :beer:

Haha. Funny you mention that place. I drive past it daily and frequent the business across the street. We will have to set something up in Portland soon. I can think of a few bars and what not that have deuce parking.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plan B Bar on 8th & Main has plenty of deuce parking. The reason I mentioned Jolly Roger is Young Gun and I had a burger there the other day and it was. Awful. My fault, I picked the place :mrgreen:

AN/ARC186

Josh,

Got the aux lighting harness done, I've also set it up as a good place to tap off for 24v radios and such.

when are you going to be around? or I can ship it to you for installation.

Josh

Oh wow. Ill have to come grab it one of these days. Im getting ahead, So I should be able to get the main harness for the truck soon.

Whens the next mini rally?

Stalwart

Rather than start a new thread and I only wanted to ask people in THIS area, can I hijack this thread for a single question?

When visiting Joint Base Lewis-Mcchord, how do you get permission from GL to preview a item? The last time I went there I was at the DRMO and I had permission from them but I haven't had ANY dealings with GL. The people at the gate told me I needed an invitation, and after a phone call I was allowed in, still a pain though. Our ever present and local Cheer Captain Scott R. told me about some trailers for my HEMTT. I think my wife is on board to get one so we can tow our rocket containers and other stuff in the trailer rather WAY, WAY up in the truck. As easy as it is to uncover the truck, it still takes some time. Plus I may be able to make the trailer tow my Scorpion, cutting down the trips we have to make at places like the Arlington Airshow.

srodocker

RAH RAH RAH!!! CHEER CHEER CHEER!......rofl

If your taking a car you go to the north fort main gate. when your reg and insurance tell them your oging to government liquidation to preview an item. they give you a pass. then get back on the freeway go north to exit 123 and go the commercial gate its right next to it.

I would call GL ahead of time just to say you want to come preview some trailers and they will just tell you to come on by.:grd:

Stalwart

Thank you Scott!!!!! For both bits of information, I only showed up at the commercial gate last time and was towing the big red trailer. I was the only truck they didn't inspect . . . but they did grumble at me a bit. ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks