• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Kaiserjeeps

I think I better pass on by today. I don't have a secure way to deal with my concealed. I refuse to travel without it. I like the idea of the gun shop babysitting for a bit. No time to arrange it though. I would like to hear Papabears story someday ha ha.
I think I will go with someone who has been there before. Nothing like pretending you know what your doing and being discovered. :D

There is another big reason not to go... Going to "just look" when the needed funds are not there only means that that one item made from unobtainuim will present itself and taunt me into fits of justification. You think I would learn by now.

Stevekuhn, that is a great avatar!

Ed, if you get up there soon, and feel like company, give a shout.

Thanks for letting me jump in here and answering my quick questions. You PNW guys are pretty cool.:mrgreen::beer:

Roadtrip...

jets1959

Wow, I've never watched anything at GL before but the people who bid up here like their stuff. I understand about the "round things", replacements in the real world are expensive. I don't understand the trailers much, what use is a HEMTT specific trailer? I can't imagine a use for one, even a 5 ton wouldn't like towing one loaded. I haven't even bid on anything . . . EVER.
I don't know who is bidding againest you but man they are going high for a single use trailer.aua

Stalwart

Actually Dwayne, I haven't even bid yet! At that price I'm not sure I will. I'd like a proper trailer for the HEMTT, and even Jane likes it, but we don't NEED one. She won't drive the truck with a traiiler attached because she doesn't have a class A CDL. She will drive the truck now, as we use it as a recreational vehicle but the trailer would make it about 65' long and harder to consider it just a toy.

ABN173

seriously???aua $800 and I can't pick up some tires for my CUCV.......wow
*edit its over now 8891 my max bid was $800. I had a backup that shot up too.

Last edited:

Olywadan

I think I better pass on by today. I don't have a secure way to deal with my concealed. I refuse to travel without it. I like the idea of the gun shop babysitting for a bit. No time to arrange it though. I would like to hear Papabears story someday ha ha.
I think I will go with someone who has been there before. Nothing like pretending you know what your doing and being discovered. :D

There is another big reason not to go... Going to "just look" when the needed funds are not there only means that that one item made from unobtainuim will present itself and taunt me into fits of justification. You think I would learn by now.

Stevekuhn, that is a great avatar!

Ed, if you get up there soon, and feel like company, give a shout.

Thanks for letting me jump in here and answering my quick questions. You PNW guys are pretty cool.:mrgreen::beer:

Roadtrip...
Just so you know, It's a big No-no for an Oregonian to carry concealed in WA, and vice-versa. I feel the same way, but even if something were to happen and its justifiable, your still carrying a weapon illegally.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just so you know, It's a big No-no for an Oregonian to carry concealed in WA, and vice-versa. I feel the same way, but even if something were to happen and its justifiable, your still carrying a weapon illegally.
It's only illegal if you don't have a Washington or Utah CCP. Washington reciprocates with Oregon, all that is needed is to go pay the fee and get the license.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those newish looking 16.00r20 XZLs were pretty popular.

Who ended up with them, anyone here?

There were 4 lots, one guy bought 2 of them, and another 2 guys bought 1 each.

So pretty!

Did anyone who ended up with 8 of them want to sell 2?

Last edited:

goodguyzy

I bid on the 3) A3 wheels but went way to high, and the 16.00 went to high.......well the 916......:D

BTW, 2 lots of the goodyear 16.00 3 each had a michelin sitting on the bottom.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Dont EVEN get me started on Washington and their carry permits. i was traveling back from Yakima to Montana after some drug training with my k9 in 2009. Got pulled over in Ritzville or somewhere near that by a K9 unit. Yeah I was in an unmarked crown vic with my dog cage, it was my car issued by the prison. I wasn't carrying my issued sidearm at the time but I had my personal use glock on my hip. Openly cause I was in uniform because we did live fire training with the dogs. the K9 officer stopped me just to find out who I was, its a concern I know. I got out and talked to him. Gave him all my id's and everything and where I was coming from. He just said sit tight. Went and ran everything and talked to my prison and got where I was coming from just to verify. He ran my CCW from Montana and it came back invalid. I was like "wtf?" He said it looked fake. I said yeah they do they are just a laminated card with a picture and the NICS number and says you are allowed to carry. AND YES MY PERMIT HAD MISSPELLED words on it. Yeah I know I was amazed and they said it was OK. Montana permits are issued by each county individually and not by the state. So it took me about 35mins to get my permit.

Washington Trooper confiscated the permit and called the county that issued the permit, said they would check and call back. Well the troopers were like yeah just go ahead and go and we will keep your firearm till we figure out what is going on. I was like hrm ok. I got about 20mins away from where I was stopped and the sheriff who issued my permit called me back. Saying that my permit was good yet it didnt get entered into the NICS system at the state because noone every submitted it to the state to be entered.

That REALLY concerned me cause I had driven all over the country with my firearm in the past and carried concealed in states all over that it my state has reciprocity with. I could have been arrested someplace for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit when I actually did have a permit cause the county didn't do their jobs. Yet in Montana I carried all the time and was never checked. Maybe I was just covering it up to well. I thought I was having a hard time hiding my Glock 20.

Oh and the K9 officer was a real dick. Dunno what his issue was but it was something bad. Maybe cause I made fun of his rottweiler that was his patrol dog. Once the permit came back invalid he asked to search my car and i was like have at it. He didnt want to check the dog cage though. Then tried to get me for having the training drugs and uncirculated shredded money in the drunk yet I had my DEA card. He said that it was cause I was coming from a high drug area like Yakima is why he is concerned. I said yeah why do you think we were there doing detection training there ANYWAYS!

Well long story short the permit issue got worked out after a week or so and I had to drive back over to Spokane to pick up my glock from the evidence and to top it all off they kept my ammo. Good double tap ammo to.... SORRY I JUST HAD TO RANT ON THAT.

Stalwart

Those newish looking 16.00r20 XZLs were pretty popular.

Who ended up with them, anyone here?

There were 4 lots, one guy bought 2 of them, and another 2 guys bought 1 each.

So pretty!
We went to look at all the 16.00's and they were all unused with the little titties on them. One lot had moderate oxidation and one lot quite a bit less. Two lots looked pretty much like fresh tires. I got one lot, I was going for two but I only "needed" one. I have some mixed tires on my truck and I have 4 with VERY little wear at all. I'm going to change out the worst of mine with the new ones on the rear 2 drive axles as they seem to wear the most.

I have 9 brand new pristine 16.00's above my garage.

Lets see how long my first EUC takes . . . aua

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure gives you a lot of confidence in our leadership, doesn't it? As a Merchant Marine Officer I have been through FBI background checks every 5 years or so since 1968 or so. I recently was forced to apply for a Transportation Worker Identification Credential, with biometrics and all the bells and whistles. Without this card, a complete background check and months of waiting, I could not work on ships. I had to show up on person and be fingerprinted, etc. just to pick the card up. I was warned about what would happen if I lost it, etc. etc. By the way it cost a bundle to apply for this thing. So now I am gold plated for traveling in this country right? I mean I am trained and responsible for the safety of my vessel and shoreside facilities and have the "gold TWIC card". I think that the same TSA folks who are stealing sex toys and electronics from folks luggage in the airports just laugh at my TWIC card. One of my last times going through Seatac airport, the explosive sniffer said I was packing plastic explosive. I went through about 5 pat downs by the rank and file before a Navy Seal looking guy showed up, checked me personally and tore down all my carry-on , he then decided maybe their machine was kaput. Meanwhile, how many suspicious characters were going through the line? But, we can't profile can we?

srodocker

so stuart you win your hemtt trailer? and you needed more tires :D!!! hehehe you need to fill your upstairs on your shop more i think lol.

no bidding here...stupid house

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I actually went to TN for some training in 2009 as well and I took my dog on the airplane with me. Yes in the plane, not in baggage. It was kinda nice but the TSA asked if I had my weapon on me. I was like "uh no". They were like oh ok well we were just checking some officers carry on these flights. I was like **** no there is no way I am carrying a gun on the plane, maybe in my checked stuff but not on me. I was like if someone has an issue on the plane they can deal with the dog instead of the gun. My K9 at the time had an altered personality he was a clown. One day he would be fine with strangers and the other days well yeah they are a snack. The TSA guy asked to "Pat him down" I handed off the leash and said by all means you and him can sort that out. the tsa guy got a pretty good check of my dogs teeth while he was patting him down. You gotta make the TSA earn their money some kinda way. Like when I flew back in from Camp Gruber OK in 2010 and the TSA insisted on checking my riot control gear. Yeah I made sure all my gear and bag on the inside was covered in CS gas, OC spray, and pepperball powder. I was VERY happy to have the "The TSA checked your bag" slip on my bag.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks