• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

AN/ARC186

Hey Dale, you need to make one minor change to post #332

It should read, one tan FMTV cargo cover kit, donated.

I dunno man, I thinks she's gonna look great with tan tops over the red body, you might just change your mind!

ABN173

LOL, I think we're back to desert tan?
Very possible, I thought for a moment they had been given a canvas cargo cover, so I started thinking maybe olive drab. However Tan it will be, I may keep it red until the Summer at least seeing how it looks really good. I don't think I will keep it a fire deuce for to long though.

-Dale

srodocker

JINX!!! where you been?

and amram i may be in for that! you have to come on this side of the bridge march 31st to tumwater airport for a little show at the museum

Amer-team

take a look on line for historic or vintage vehicle insurance. There are a few that advertise in some of the MV magazines and they have pretty good rates. But if you are using it for a daily driver, you are probably out of luck.

wsucougarx

Just got Classical Vehicle insurance through State Farm for a whopping $26/6months. Yes that's only Four dollars and change per month for my M109 and '68;-).

Loco_Hosa

I have news in my life!

I am closing on my new house near the beginning of next month! Its located near 176th and A st in Spanaway. For those who dont know, my current living situation is difficult, and working on the Deuce is.... "Frowned upon" and not permitted during the times when I am active (Though that is understandable, being my active time is around 1am-5am)

Now I will finally be able to work on the Deuce in my yard, and bring parts inside that I dont want to have sit in the rain all night! Summer BBQ for the Green Machines at my place?

The only real problem with moving is the logistics of getting the 2 M200s over, then how to get the non running Deuce over....

Deuce and a half restoration will finally be able to begin!

jets1959

I have news in my life!

I am closing on my new house near the beginning of next month! Its located near 176th and A st in Spanaway. For those who dont know, my current living situation is difficult, and working on the Deuce is.... "Frowned upon" and not permitted during the times when I am active (Though that is understandable, being my active time is around 1am-5am)

Now I will finally be able to work on the Deuce in my yard, and bring parts inside that I dont want to have sit in the rain all night! Summer BBQ for the Green Machines at my place?

The only real problem with moving is the logistics of getting the 2 M200s over, then how to get the non running Deuce over....

Deuce and a half restoration will finally be able to begin!
Getting the trailers over will not be a problem, if they are towable. Many local members can tow military trailers myself included. Now the deuce, I can't , but I am sure another member may be able to help you there. I just don't want to volunteer anyone. Congrats on the house.[thumbzup]

Loco_Hosa

Getting the trailers over will not be a problem, if they are towable. Many local members can tow military trailers myself included. Now the deuce, I can't , but I am sure another member may be able to help you there. I just don't want to volunteer anyone. Congrats on the house.[thumbzup]
Thanks! It wasn't looking like I could get a mortgage till June, so my plan was to have the truck running good and strong by then, as well as have a bit more saved. Opportunity came knocking, and things started happening much faster than predicted. No complaints, I am going to be so glad to be moving forward!

I feel really bad asking for the Deuce to be towed again though. =/ I swear that I will be buying a tow bar and available for all late night rescues!

I borrowed a pintel hitch from Scott to get the trailers home, just towed them with the Chevy. I figured I would have the Deuce running by the time they needed moved again.

And thanks! The house is not perfect, but its **** close. A bit small, and the garage is smaller than I would have in a perfect world. (Then again..... The perfect garage is bigger than the lot I am purchasing)

ABN173

I'll be home again soon and can help if needed.

edit: I already have insurance so I will need to get a trip ticket or finish registration to be street legal I may even have a tow bar sometime today if Scott's lead pans out. might need to some towing lights or at least a trail vehicle.

-Dale

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks