• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amram

Yeah he got to help me replace my alternator that died on me on my way to the krispy kreme Saturday morning. We just got finished with the replacement this evening after Brad let us flop and twitch for several hours.

wsucougarx

Yikes, sounds like it couldn't have happened at a better time. Glad Brad had the parts for you. The last time I was at Brad I picked up a spare alternator as well. My funds are all tapped out at the moment for a Brad trip.

Last edited:

ABN173

Dale,

I saw Big Red coming down Brads driveway Saturday afternoon as I was headed to Stewart's, t
get anything good?
Hey Dan,

eh not really, I just helped Mike (Amram) with his truck. Went out there again today to finish up. He planned to put singles on his truck but he was side tracked with a bad alternator. That thing kicked our rear end pretty good, stripped nut being stubborn, and metric bolts mixed in where standard ones should have been. Even the replacement ALT had a broken screw on the electrical cover on top and the other one was stripped so we had to chisel it off too so we will have to drill them out and tap the holes. Seriously it was like 8 hours spent on the alternator alone!:shock: We did get his rims broke apart so he can start cleaning them though. Oh Brad likes the the cargo cover install you did!

I did get a boarding ladder though.

Pam still wants to come out to your place with Maria to see your horses. I might need some electrical help too wiring my lights up.:wink: She has to work most weekends so timing will be tricky.

-Dale

Last edited:

yeadon

Please help!! Found this deuce and was woundering what I should ask him about it?? He wants $4500 you think its a good deal? If you could PM me any help would be great!!

1970 M35A2 Cargo Truck w/ winch. Soft top cab cover. Troop seats, canvas cargo cover and full bow set. complete new set of filters for oil and fuel. Spare tire on wheel. Needs an exhaust pipe hole repaired and a new windshield wipe blade (that's it).

Thanks guys.

wsucougarx

I know that truck;-) The owner is a Steelsoldier. The truck has an outstanding whistler on her. I don't even think he ever used the winch. The canvas is newer. Rick drove that truck to our big PNW rally the last two years. I think it's worth every penny!

wsucougarx

Please help!! Found this deuce and was woundering what I should ask him about it?? He wants $4500 you think its a good deal? If you could PM me any help would be great!!

1970 M35A2 Cargo Truck w/ winch. Soft top cab cover. Troop seats, canvas cargo cover and full bow set. complete new set of filters for oil and fuel. Spare tire on wheel. Needs an exhaust pipe hole repaired and a new windshield wipe blade (that's it).

Thanks guys.
The truck you're asking about was in the 2010 parade. It comes into picture around 1:54.
PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out - YouTube

AN/ARC186

Hey Dan,

eh not really, I just helped Mike (Amram) with his truck. Went out there again today to finish up. He planned to put singles on his truck but he was side tracked with a bad alternator. That thing kicked our rear end pretty good, stripped nut being stubborn, and metric bolts mixed in where standard ones should have been. Even the replacement ALT had a broken screw on the electrical cover on top and the other one was stripped so we had to chisel it off too so we will have to drill them out and tap the holes. Seriously it was like 8 hours spent on the alternator alone!:shock: We did get his rims broke apart so he can start cleaning them though. Oh Brad likes the the cargo cover install you did!

I did get a boarding ladder though.

Pam still wants to come out to your place with Maria to see your horses. I might need some electrical help too wiring my lights up.:wink: She has to work most weekends so timing will be tricky.

-Dale

We're usually home, just give me a call when you want to see the horses!

ABN173

So what do they do with the stuff at GL, that doesn't sell or meet the minimum 150 bid?
Well one of GL guys mentioned they may try to put a unwanted item up again maybe mix in a few other items hoping to get a bid. If that does not work I have no idea what they do with it. Good question though.

Hammer

Just keep dumping them into larger lots until they sell.
Used to be that 101 and 200 trailers would be sold with 2 or 3 to a lot....

Amer-team

Was looking at a few lots that are up this time and was wondering who would pay that for what they have. When you are starting to get tent parts or tires of unknown conditions, makes you wonder. Then when they do get something neat, they want you to cut it up.

Amram

It's just wrong when a MV enthusiast like yourself has resorted to a single point failure of having one computer. Where's your redundancy man? You gotta be like me with 2 backup towers in my closet incase the main computer or my laptop prevent me from accessing this site.:twisted:

DanielleM35A2

Hey guys. Wondering if anyone around the Portland area has any side rails or troop seats sets they are wanting to get rid of. We have been debating on making our own but if someone had some extras around and was in need of some cash might as well go this route first. We would need to get them before 5/23 so we have them for Memorial Day weekend. Thanks Brandon and Danielle

srodocker

hows the truck coming along? the quad cab turning out?! im so wanting to see this project.

oh yea ask josh for troop seats im sure he knows someone down there lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks