• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

DanielleM35A2

Its coming along. Just had another mini breakdown 1 block from home. lol Fuel injector pump went out. Rolled all the way down the hill to almost make it back in teh drive way but had to call Josh for a little push the rest of the way. But its back up and running good. We havent started the quad cab project yet. We are waiting until after our camping trip Memorial Day weekend to start tearing it apart. We need to get atleast one good camping trip out of it before its down for a while. Josh is the one who told me to post on here looking for some. lol

Hammer

Well, the radiator in my m1009 finally let go. And I mean LET GO...
Now in the hunt for a new one. But thought someone local might have an extra one around before I go buy one?

Amer-team

Hammer, there is a guy in Chehalis, TNT radiator. It is a one horse shop and the guy has done a couple of jeep radiators for me and done a very nice job. On Jackson hwy. just north of the Baptist church. He did a reasonable turn around time on them too.

Hammer

Usually the cost of rebuild is far greater then a replacement.
And yeah, civy ones are backwards.

Hmm, I need to get my mutt gas tank cleaned, and a one man shop like that usually is a great place to go. Thanks!

Amer-team

He charged me about 1/2 to 2/3rds the price of a replacement and in one case, you don't find too many new 42 Ford radiators, so except that he needed to neutralize it a bit longer than he did, so will have to pull it and repaint, I was very happy with his work and still have the original Ford radiator.

Amer-team

There is another shop in centralia that I wouldn't recommend. He does good work, but has had my M38 radiator for a long time and just does not seem to get to it.
Tom at TNT took the GPW radiator apart, soaked it and rodded out the tubes and it has worked great ever since.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is an excellent shop for dealing with military radiators. I've taken my M-37 radiator to John for rebuilding and repair. He has always done a wonderful job. He's used to non-routine stuff; he rebuilds and restores tractors for fun.

He is a little farther north (Redmond / Kirkland area), but here's his business's address and phone #.

AAA Radiator Services

9165 Willows Road Northeast, Redmond, WA 98052

(425) 885-4165

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're welcome. John fixed my radiator to look like new after my M-37 waterpump fan broke loose on the freeway and just ate the radiator. His prices are fair and reasonable too. Good guy.

He also does air conditioning work.

Storm 51

Stalwart

Even better, my F450 puked its A/C pump last year pulling the armor to the Arlington Airshow. I'll have to stop by and check them out, I drive by there every day and it's only about 3 miles from here. :beer:

goodguyzy

Here is a pic of my lowboy that im going to make into a "clone" green paint and some military lights should get it looking good. Neighbor tried to haul a scrap backhoe on a car trailer, back tires of pickup came off the ground and lost the trailer and hoe off the road. He is lucky he didn't roll his pickup. I called in the disabled equipment recovery team. D.E.R.T.

BTW took about 2 hours to load, rear tire off the rim on the right side with no steering made it a challenge.

Attachments

Amer-team

What do you mean scrap backhoe. A little green paint and it would be good to go.:) That must have been a pita to get back on the trailer. And he is luckier that he didn't hurt someone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks