• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amram

Recovered my M105 trailer last night. Not without incident though. Trailer brakes froze on me and so did my passenger side rear front axle brake seize. Ever seen an m105 trailer hop down the road like a rabbit because the person driving the deuce had gone completely mad?

wsucougarx

Gees Mike! Way to hang in there. Most guys probably would have given up on this hobby. You'll have a near new truck st this rate. Just keep at it shipmate.

ABN173

Recovered my M105 trailer last night. Not without incident though. Trailer brakes froze on me and so did my passenger side rear front axle brake seize. Ever seen an m105 trailer hop down the road like a rabbit because the person driving the deuce had gone completely mad?
You forgot to mention the tail light bulb swapping stuff when I met you on the on ramp. Also I thought it was just the one truck hub/brakes? The trailer too??? Wow!

Gees Mike! Way to hang in there. Most guys probably would have given up on this hobby. You'll have a near new truck st this rate. Just keep at it shipmate.
Yeah Mike has had a rough start for sure. He has done more to his truck than most do in the first few years!

Where did you get the trailer?
GL, only took 2 1/2 months for EUC to clear!

Amram

Well the saga continues....while draining my airbanks engine oil started seeping from my right air bank. Air compressor has pooped the bed. Brad is coming to my rescue again. He has already pulled parts and stuffed them in a box with me as well as saved me an entire axel and a few hubs for parts. I am prolly his most frequent customer and he is prolly starting to feel bad for me.

Amer-team

Have you checked your master cylinder and wheel cylinders yet. It is possible on the truck that if you have rust in the cylinder that something did not release all the way causing your brake drag. On the positive side, it is better that something was dragging rather than your pedal going to the floor at an inoportune time.

Amer-team

this post is to start you guys off with a smile. This AM went to my storage lot, where I store my car trailer and a few MV things. Wanted to put the car trailer away. A neighboring business has their employees park down the street and in front of my gate. they are usually pretty good about moving when I ask. I went late last night and it was blocked, so went early this morn. Only one car on the block and it was in front of the gate. Please note this is not a painted no park zone. Looked at the 5T sitting inside and wondered how far I could push that Honda, or would I go over the top. Then thought that the best course would be to yank that sucker out of the way. grabbed a chain, hooked to the Honda's tie down point in the back, using the civi Dodge with car trailer in tow, towed that rascal backward for a parking space, plenty of room to get in then. Mission accomplished. In spite of environmental criticism, sometimes it is good to have a healthy sized truck with a chain. :grin:

Amer-team

Remember grasshopper, many people are convicted because they are stupid enough to take pictures of what they are doing. Also, if they can't find you, they can't throw you in jail. :grin:

Amer-team

Got the rigs detailed out for the 4th today. On Tuesday will make a final run with the grease gun. Took the M54 out for a 20 mile jaunt today and it is running great.

Amer-team

Will have something there but am not sure yet. Currently have 5 running MV's. Yippee! Don't worry, none of them are 98 point restorations. All of them except the 42 are in essentially original condition. They are green, they go, and they stop.
I do enjoy the 5T and we don't seem to have many 54's in the group. Fortunately I live close enough to Aaron that I can take one home and come back with another.
Larry M. is planning on turning out with his WW2 Studebaker. He called today and said that they got it up and running today. I was following him one time with the M715 and on the flat, the Stude, took off like a shot. He had to be doing 55.

Amram

A little update on Oscar the Devil Deuce. I have pulled the entire front end off the truck and it is all laying on the floor of my garage. Front grill is pulled, radiator is out, the fan blade is off the engine sitting in garage ready to recieve a fresh coat of paint, and the busted compressor is out of the truck. The coolant itself was a nasty orange color, so it was probably ready to be replaced. The truck is getting prepped for a flat black treatment. My two Jolly Rogers and flagpoles came in today along with the silver skull I am mounting on the Hood. Purests are going to hate my truck.:twisted: I figured the truck was posessed by an evil demon so I will be giving it an Evil look.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks