• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
'no guns/live ammo'

That's a big 'nope' from me.... if they can't support the constitution, they ain't getting my support either.
My impression is they don't want them put on display. No idea if it's because maybe they had an issue in the past, or they are just worried if it might cause issues somehow, and are playing the CYA game.

Looks like the "park" might be a private event venue, and not a public park, so they have the right to not allow them.

Personally I am on the fence, it's supposed to be a vehicle rally and swap meet, not so much just a military display event, and since WA went full retard a few years back prohibiting private transfers without government consent, there isn't as much reason to have the firearms there.

If they make it clear they mean they mean no firearms on premises period, well, it will be a short visit for me.

Another Ahab

'no guns/live ammo'

That's a big 'nope' from me.... if they can't support the constitution, they ain't getting my support either.
The U.S Constitution endorses "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness":

- The risk of death from some mentally unstable killer is neither "Life" or "Happiness"

But then maybe you are not up-to-date on some of the latest news events around the nation. That is possible.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The U.S Constitution endorses "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness":

- The risk of death from some mentally unstable killer is neither "Life" or "Happiness"

But then maybe you are not up-to-date on some of the latest news events around the nation. That is possible.
At the risk of throwing this off topic, the 'news events around the nation' are exactly why i would carry if i were to go- because it would be absurd to believe that prohibiting live guns and ammo would prevent 'some mentally unstable killer' from killing.

Absurd because killing is already ILLEGAL, as is armed robbery, armed assault, and a host of other crimes the event "rule" against guns/live ammo is powerless to prevent. In other words, if a person is intent on killing, robbery, assault, or whatever, the rule isn't going to deter them, and it would be an act of intellectual absurdity to believe they would obey the event 'rule' even though they intended to violate a law that would imprison them.

Another Ahab

At the risk of throwing this off topic, the 'news events around the nation' are exactly why i would carry if i were to go- because it would be absurd to believe that prohibiting live guns and ammo would prevent 'some mentally unstable killer' from killing.

Absurd because killing is already ILLEGAL, as is armed robbery, armed assault, and a host of other crimes the event "rule" against guns/live ammo is powerless to prevent. In other words, if a person is intent on killing, robbery, assault, or whatever, the rule isn't going to deter them, and it would be an act of intellectual absurdity to believe they would obey the event 'rule' even though they intended to violate a law that would imprison them.

You are sounding like a "Putin Patriot", one of "Vladimir's Volunteers"

- A clever guy that Putin, a heart as cold as ice, but clever

Getting us all steamed up at one another, a "Nation Divided". He even might actually take us down this way. Who knows?

Mainsail, I get it. Your mind is set. I get it. The drift here is over.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Getting us all steamed up at one another, a "Nation Divided". He even might actually take us down this way. Who knows?

No division, I still love you brother!

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Someone disagrees with you, he articulates his position; and your response is personal attacks that have no foundation or basis in reality?

C'mon now. That's not cool.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
okay, lets get this back to talking about things related to the PNW and military vehicles please. While a little bit of off topic banter can liven the place up, this is definitely going the wrong direction for that.

Anyway, I'm still getting ready for the Memorial Day parade in Elma on Sunday. Got the M1102 trailer painted green with Rapco paint, and in another day or two after it cures a bit more I'll be making a bench to run down the middle of it since some of the guys in my VFW aren't really up to standing in the back of the HMMWV for the duration of the parade.

As I think I mentioned before, the parade is at noon (line up by 11am) in Elma on Sunday, and if anyone has a military truck and wants to join in, just let me know as my entry is listed as both McCleary VFW and PNW Steel Soldiers, and we'd love to have you.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
okay, lets get this back to talking about things related to the PNW and military vehicles please. While a little bit of off topic banter can liven the place up, this is definitely going the wrong direction for that.

Anyway, I'm still getting ready for the Memorial Day parade in Elma on Sunday. Got the M1102 trailer painted green with Rapco paint, and in another day or two after it cures a bit more I'll be making a bench to run down the middle of it since some of the guys in my VFW aren't really up to standing in the back of the HMMWV for the duration of the parade.

As I think I mentioned before, the parade is at noon (line up by 11am) in Elma on Sunday, and if anyone has a military truck and wants to join in, just let me know as my entry is listed as both McCleary VFW and PNW Steel Soldiers, and we'd love to have you.
Correction, line up for the parade on Sunday the 29th is at 12pm, and the parade is at 1pm

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
'no guns/live ammo'

Okay, so on facecrook they posted a clarification of this:

We welcome your complete military displays! There was a question about the "no guns/ammo" - we just won't be offering sales of these items at this event.

So they have nothing against you bringing them for display or whatnot, just no selling them.

MrMikey4026

Okay, so on facecrook they posted a clarification of this:

We welcome your complete military displays! There was a question about the "no guns/ammo" - we just won't be offering sales of these items at this event.

So they have nothing against you bringing them for display or whatnot, just no selling them.
That is what I understood when I talked with April.
Sorry, I forgot to post that information.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys.
Is there going to be any get togethers this summer ? For the first time in years it looks like I might be able to attend something this year.
Yup, Winlock the 3rd weekend of July, so July 14-18 (Thursday through Monday for anyone that wants to be there that long)

Site owner is trying to get an idea of how many people will be there, and not sure how much he watches this thread (though he's over in the HMMWV forum a lot)

From the facecrook page, with the address removed (message me and I'll send it to anyone that needs it)

This is year 13 for our 14th Rally.
The third weekend in July will be our next gathering.
Everyone is welcome from Thursday July 14th to Monday July 18th. Anyone wanting a longer vacation, please contact me ahead of time.
This year will be at the same location.
(ADDRESS REMOVED)
The parade/convoy will be on Saturday the 16th. Parade starts around 11 am, but we line up around 9:30 am for our larger group. There is NO truck show this weekend. So we will not be doing that this time.
I am open to ideas on a different convoy, or a convoy instead of the Parade.
Also, we have been missing out on people bringing stuff to swap, sell, buy, etc.
This always seemed to be a good place to bring stuff to sell off, or find the parts you have been missing.
I will have the MKT up and running for this year as well.
I will have a sani-can like last year.
I will have a couple insulated coolers like last time for food. There will be ice in the coolers, but you are welcome to add to it. Might have the refrigerator in the field again this year.
Bring your own food and plenty of water!
Please RSVP so I know what kind of accommodations to make for space to camp, etc.
Number of vehicles, number of people, etc.
So, like last year.
This will be an open field event.
We will have portable toilets available, and plenty of field space. Come early for your choice of parking. If you haven't been here before, please come in the larger driveway to the north of the house. Then wind your way into the back pasture.

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
Anybody have any info on the Centralia Summerfest for 2022? Normally there's a post about it in here from Peter (Amer-Team), but I searched and searched and am not finding anything. Maybe my search-fu is weak, and I just missed it. Anyone have any information?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anybody have any info on the Centralia Summerfest for 2022? Normally there's a post about it in here from Peter (Amer-Team), but I searched and searched and am not finding anything. Maybe my search-fu is weak, and I just missed it. Anyone have any information?
In Southwest Washington at the Fair Grounds on July 3rd, 2022.
Fireworks at 10:30pm

Summerfest Parade on July 4th, 2022.
Centralia College Boulevard. To Tower Avenue. North to Center Street, South to Main and West to Ash Street.

Hammer

I know Peter will be doing the first part at his museum on Saturday the 2nd. Then the Parade and cruise on the 4th. I think he only posted on the facebook group though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks